The Learning Tree
- The Learning Tree is a private, non-profit school for individuals with mental retardation who face language/communication difficulties and engage in challenging behaviors directed towards others of themselves.
- The educational component of the program is licensed and monitored by the Alabama State Department of Education and its divisions of Special Education Services.
- The home life component of our program is certified and monitored by the Alabama State Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation.
- The Learning Tree exists to provide a warm and loving environment to persons with significant challenges.
- Through systematic programming, we provide individualized instruction and behavioral intervention to maximize achievement in all areas in order to promote a quality of life enjoyed by non-disabled peers.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- JacksonvilleGrades: PK-12 | 202 students
831 Alexandria Rd Sw
Jacksonville, AL 36265
- AnnistonGrades: PK-12 | 232 students
16 Morton Rd
Anniston, AL 36205
- AnnistonGrades: PK-K | 74 students
4723 Saks Road
Anniston, AL 36201
- AnnistonGrades: PK-KG | 85 students
Po Box 1844/1400 Noble St
Anniston, AL 36202
- GadsdenGrades: PK-8 | 156 students
700 Albert Rains Blvd
Gadsden, AL 35901
January 22, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.