The Learning Tree
- The Learning Tree is a private, non-profit school for individuals with mental retardation who face language/communication difficulties and engage in challenging behaviors directed towards others of themselves.
- The educational component of the program is licensed and monitored by the Alabama State Department of Education and its divisions of Special Education Services.
- The home life component of our program is certified and monitored by the Alabama State Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation.
- The Learning Tree exists to provide a warm and loving environment to persons with significant challenges.
- Through systematic programming, we provide individualized instruction and behavioral intervention to maximize achievement in all areas in order to promote a quality of life enjoyed by non-disabled peers.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-12 | 202 students
831 Alexandria Rd Sw
Jacksonville, AL 36265
(256)435-3333 6 PK-12
- Anniston Grades: PK-12 | 264 students
16 Morton Rd
Anniston, AL 36205
(256)237-4231 9.3 PK-12
- Anniston Grades: PK-K | 74 students
4723 Saks Road
Anniston, AL 36201
(256)237-3468 10 PK-K
- Anniston Grades: PK-KG | 85 students
Po Box 1844/1400 Noble St
Anniston, AL 36202
(256)236-6633 13.1 PK-KG
- Gadsden Grades: PK-8 | 141 students
700 Albert Rains Blvd
Gadsden, AL 35901
(256)546-0132 13.9 PK-8
August 16, 2018
If you have been teaching for a few years, chances are that you will need to consider rebranding yourself.
August 14, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.