The Learning Tree
- The Learning Tree is a private, non-profit school for individuals with mental retardation who face language/communication difficulties and engage in challenging behaviors directed towards others of themselves.
- The educational component of the program is licensed and monitored by the Alabama State Department of Education and its divisions of Special Education Services.
- The home life component of our program is certified and monitored by the Alabama State Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation.
- The Learning Tree exists to provide a warm and loving environment to persons with significant challenges.
- Through systematic programming, we provide individualized instruction and behavioral intervention to maximize achievement in all areas in order to promote a quality of life enjoyed by non-disabled peers.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mobile Grades: 6-11 | 25 students
3811 Old Shell Road
Mobile, AL 36608
(251)342-4931 254.9 6-11
- Montgomery Grades: K-12
2328 Fairlane Dr
Montgomery, AL 36116
(334)213-0803 107 K-12
- Trenton Grades: 6-12 | 41 students
3890 County Road 20
Trenton, AL 35774
(256)776-2503 65.5 6-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.