The Murray School
- Our mission is to provide a safe and growth-producing environment for children in need.
- The mission is accomplished through application of Christian principles delivered in a home-like atmosphere that engenders spiritual, physical and educational health for both residents and staff.
- The home provides a safe, secure family environment for children who are unable to stay with their natural family.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Council for Exceptional Children
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-11|
|Total Students||25 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mobile Grades: 1-12 | 25 students
2424 Gordon Smith Drive
Mobile, AL 36617
(251)479-7409 2.1 1-12
- Mobile Grades: PK-8 | 168 students
6571 Larkspur Drive
Mobile, AL 36619
(251)666-8022 8.5 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: 6-11 | 14 students
5201 Messer Airport Hwy
Birmingham, AL 35212
(205)510-2714 212.5 6-11
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.