The Murray School
Tel: (251) 342-4931
- Our mission is to provide a safe and growth-producing environment for children in need.
- The mission is accomplished through application of Christian principles delivered in a home-like atmosphere that engenders spiritual, physical and educational health for both residents and staff.
- The home provides a safe, secure family environment for children who are unable to stay with their natural family.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Council for Exceptional Children
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-11|
|Total Students||25 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mobile Grades: 1-12 | 25 students
2424 Gordon Smith Drive
Mobile, AL 36617
(251) 479-7409 2.1 1-12
- Mobile Grades: PK-8 | 168 students
6571 Larkspur Drive
Mobile, AL 36619
(251) 666-8022 8.5 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: 6-11 | 14 students
5201 Messer Airport Hwy
Birmingham, AL 35212
(205) 510-2714 212.5 6-11
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?