The Murray School
- Our mission is to provide a safe and growth-producing environment for children in need.
- The mission is accomplished through application of Christian principles delivered in a home-like atmosphere that engenders spiritual, physical and educational health for both residents and staff.
- The home provides a safe, secure family environment for children who are unable to stay with their natural family.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Council for Exceptional Children
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-11|
|Total Students||25 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mobile Grades: 1-12 | 25 students
2424 Gordon Smith Drive
Mobile, AL 36617
(251)479-7409 2.1 1-12
- Mobile Grades: PK-8 | 168 students
6571 Larkspur Drive
Mobile, AL 36619
(251)666-8022 8.5 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: 6-11 | 14 students
5201 Messer Airport Hwy
Birmingham, AL 35212
(205)510-2714 212.5 6-11
- Jacksonville Grades: Inquire with school | 35 students
Po Box 908
Jacksonville, AL 36265
(256)447-9349 254.9 Inquire with school
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.