The Mariposa School
- The Mariposa School is a non-profit organization created specifically to offer children with autism and other developmental disabilities year around, intensive instruction using innovative teaching techniques.
- Based in central north carolina, the school has attracted international attention for its progressive teaching curriculum and various programming opportunities.
- Each program is tailored to fit individual needs so that the student may realize his/her maximum potential.
- Our mission is to provide intensive instruction in a supportive environment designed to improve communication skills and therefore quality of life for children with autism and other developmental disabilities and their families.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Winston Salem Grades: NS-12 | 43 students
905 Friedberg Church Road
Winston Salem, NC 27127
(336)251-1180 88.1 NS-12
- Ballston Spa Grades: PK-6 | 52 students
100 Saratoga Village Blvd Ste 34a
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
(518)633-1971 566.3 PK-6
- Saratoga Springs Grades: PK-6 | 130 students
459 Lake Avenue
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
(518)583-0841 574.6 PK-6
What curricula do private schools follow? Who accredits private schools? What kind of standards prevail? More here.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.