The Merit School Of Manassas
The Merit School Of Manassas Photo #3 - Clifford visited during the Scholastic Book Fair. Book Fairs are held twice a year--once in the fall and once in the spring.
The Merit School Of Manassas Photo #4 - Children enjoy a wide variety of activities daily, each chosen to enhance learning and motor skills.
The Merit School Of Manassas Photo #5 - Playdough and gak are available daily to strenghten and improve fine motor skills in our preschoolers.
The Merit School Of Manassas Photo #6 - The sensory table is filled with a variety of materials such as sand, water, rice, pasta or dirt throughout the year.
The Merit School Of Manassas Photo #7 - Apple Tree has one of the largest playgrounds in the area. The children enjoy the opportunity to run and play with friends every day!
- The Merit School of Manassas has a proven record with 35 years of learning for children from infantacy through kindergarten. At The Merit School of Manassas we: * Include our families and the community in the educational process.
- *Provide challenging and invdividualized curricula that encourages students' creativity and love of learning *Promote character building and problem solving skills * Foster our students' feelings of self-esteem, self-worth, and respect for others *Establish a safe and supportive learning environment that accepts and respects diversity.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Eyvonne Mosemak|
- The Merit School of Manassas offers a curriculum designed to meet the developmental needs of your child and incorporates creative play in our well equipped classrooms and playgrounds. We pride oursleves on forming close and caring relationships with each and every one of our students.
- Our quality componenets include:
- *A highly qualified, dedicated and experienced staff
- *Low teacher/student ratio
- *An enriched curriculumthat exceeds the Virginia Standards of Learning
- *Specialty teachers in areas such as Technology, Spanish, Music and Creative Movement
- *Individualized instruction as well as small group learning
- *Yearly standardized testing of students in Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Montessori programs
- *Edcuational field trip program
- *Parent-Teacher Orgainzation
- *School Improvement Plan to monitor ongoing progress and continuous improvement
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Manassas Grades: PK-3 | 62 students
8653 Sudley Rd
Manassas, VA 20110
(703)368-3871 0.3 PK-3
- Manassas Grades: PK-K | 21 students
9514 Westmoreland Ave
Manassas, VA 20110
(703)368-5941 0.7 PK-K
- Manassas Grades: K-8 | 56 students
8225 Barrett Dr
Manassas, VA 20109
(703)361-5593 1 K-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.