The Montessori House
Tel: (201) 816-8343
- The Montessori House offers children a remarkable learning experience based on Maria Montessori`s insights and materials.
- Each year over 90 pupils participate in a rich variety of programs for children ages 2-1/2 to 7, including half-day, full-day and after care options plus summer camp.
- We invite you to call or text 201-816-8343 to schedule a one-on-one tour of The Montessori House on any school day. Or book your tour on-line here.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-1|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$450|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$450/week|
|Total Students||84 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,200|
|Tuition Notes||For Sept 2019 $10,200+ for half-day programs $19,200+ for full-day programs|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After Care to 6 p.m.|
Club or Organization:
Beginner and Intermediate Chess, Raw Food Fun, Reading Fun
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Musical Theater, Singing Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The Montessori House is the only pre-school in Northeast Bergen County that is a Full Member School of the American Montessori Society (AMS). That means all our lead teachers have earned their Montessori credentials, including over 1 year of course work and a 1 year practicum (student teaching).
- All our Montessori classes have a student:teacher ratio of 10:1 or less.
- We offer both full day and half-day programs for children between the ages of 2-1/2 and 1st grade, plus After Care until 6 p.m.
- We also offer special after-school classes from 3 to 4 p.m.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tenafly Grades: PK-8 | 283 students
67 N Summit St
Tenafly, NJ 07670
(201) 541-5780 1.1 PK-8
- Bergenfield Grades: PK-K | 31 students
326 New Bridge Rd
Bergenfield, NJ 07621
(201) 385-5214 1.9 PK-K
- Fort Lee Grades: PK-K | 58 students
2324 Fifth Street
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
(201) 947-3898 4.6 PK-K
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?