The Montessori House
- The Montessori House offers children a remarkable learning experience based on Maria Montessori`s insights and materials.
- Each year over 90 pupils participate in a rich variety of programs for children ages 2-1/2 to 7, including half-day, full-day and after care options plus summer camp.
- We invite you to call or text 201-816-8343 to schedule a one-on-one tour of The Montessori House on any school day.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-1|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,200|
|Tuition Notes||For Sept 2018 $9,400+ for half-day programs $18,400+ for full-day programs|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After Care to 6 p.m., Before Care from 8 a.m.|
Club or Organization:
Beginner and Intermediate Chess, Raw Food Fun, Reading Fun
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Making Music
- The Montessori House is the only pre-school in Northeast Bergen County that is a Full Member School of the American Montessori Society (AMS). That means all our lead teachers have earned their Montessori credentials, including over 1 year of course work and a 1 year practicum (student teaching).
- All our Montessori classes have a student:teacher ratio of 10:1 or less.
- We offer both full day and half-day programs for children between the ages of 2-1/2 and 1st grade, plus After Care until 6 p.m.
- We also offer special after-school classes from 3 to 4 p.m.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tenafly Grades: PK-8 | 283 students
67 N Summit St
Tenafly, NJ 07670
(201)541-5780 1.1 PK-8
- Bergenfield Grades: PK-K | 31 students
326 New Bridge Rd
Bergenfield, NJ 07621
(201)385-5214 1.9 PK-K
- Fort Lee Grades: PK-K | 58 students
2324 Fifth Street
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
(201)947-3898 4.6 PK-K
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.