The Montessori School For Shreveport
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (318) 861-6777
The Montessori School for Shreveport is accredited by the American Montessori Society and has been at the forefront of Montessori education in Louisiana since 1964.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||255 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, SoccerCross Country, Soccer,|
- The Montessori School for Shreveport educates a diverse student body beginning at 21 months through 14 years of age. Each classroom is guided by a certified American Montessori Society (AMS) teacher who has been specifically trained for the ages of the children he or she is instructing.
- Our children are the beneficiaries of a wonderful educational opportunity. This Shreveport, Louisiana school utilizes the Montessori philosophy and teaching methods to develop independent, confident, and competent individuals. We are a parent owned non-profit Montessori school that provides a nurturing learning environment using Montessori methods and philosophy. Families, faculty, and administration form a community to facilitate the emotional, social, physical, and academic development of competent, confident, and responsible individuals. The Montessori School for Shreveport is committed to making our environment safe and optimal for the physical, academic, social and emotional development of all our students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shreveport Grades: PK-8 | 425 students
533 Ockley Dr
Shreveport, LA 71106
(318) 869-2361 1.7 PK-8
- Shreveport Grades: PK-8 | 355 students
2785 Fairfield Avenue
Shreveport, LA 71104
(318) 221-7454 1.7 PK-8
- Shreveport Grades: K-12 | 716 students
9333 Linwood Ave
Shreveport, LA 71106
(318) 687-4923 6.3 K-12
The middle school program (7th and 8th grade) were my best years yet for personal and academic growth. At the culmination of a cycle (every 6 weeks), we went on a trip that would embody the cycle`s theme. These strips were always so fun, but challenged me to be the best me and take risks in a safe environment (I.e. the high ropes course we did). In middle school, we also read life-changing (well, for me at least) books, short stories, and articles that prompted me to think about the world I`m living in, and how I can incite change in my community and in society. Middle school really inspired me to think critically, utilize time management skills, be a leader, and just be a good human all across the board. I`m so grateful for the opportunities and experiences I was given at Montessori (Shreveport), and I would 100% recommend trying out the Montessori method.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alumni
This school is a gift to the City of Shreveport. The Montessori School for Shreveport is amazing.
- Posted by Parent - Cbroo
Excellent school for toddlers through 8th grade. Encourages individualized and cooperative learning, freedom of movement, critical thinking, and self expression. Produces strong, independent, self motivated high school students.
- Posted by Parent - rhonh
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.