The Montessori School For Shreveport
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (318) 861-6777
- The Montessori School for Shreveport is accredited by the American Montessori Society and has been at the forefront of Montessori education in Louisiana since 1964.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||255 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, SoccerCross Country, Soccer,|
- The Montessori School for Shreveport educates a diverse student body beginning at 21 months through 14 years of age. Each classroom is guided by a certified American Montessori Society (AMS) teacher who has been specifically trained for the ages of the children he or she is instructing.
- Our children are the beneficiaries of a wonderful educational opportunity. This Shreveport, Louisiana school utilizes the Montessori philosophy and teaching methods to develop independent, confident, and competent individuals. We are a parent owned non-profit Montessori school that provides a nurturing learning environment using Montessori methods and philosophy. Families, faculty, and administration form a community to facilitate the emotional, social, physical, and academic development of competent, confident, and responsible individuals. The Montessori School for Shreveport is committed to making our environment safe and optimal for the physical, academic, social and emotional development of all our students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shreveport Grades: PK-8 | 425 students
533 Ockley Dr
Shreveport, LA 71106
(318) 869-2361 1.7 PK-8
- Shreveport Grades: PK-8 | 355 students
2785 Fairfield Avenue
Shreveport, LA 71104
(318) 221-7454 1.7 PK-8
- Shreveport Grades: K-12 | 716 students
9333 Linwood Ave
Shreveport, LA 71106
(318) 687-4923 6.3 K-12
The middle school program (7th and 8th grade) were my best years yet for personal and academic growth. At the culmination of a cycle (every 6 weeks), we went on a trip that would embody the cycle`s theme. These strips were always so fun, but challenged me to be the best me and take risks in a safe environment (I.e. the high ropes course we did). In middle school, we also read life-changing (well, for me at least) books, short stories, and articles that prompted me to think about the world I`m living in, and how I can incite change in my community and in society. Middle school really inspired me to think critically, utilize time management skills, be a leader, and just be a good human all across the board. I`m so grateful for the opportunities and experiences I was given at Montessori (Shreveport), and I would 100% recommend trying out the Montessori method.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alumni
This school is a gift to the City of Shreveport. The Montessori School for Shreveport is amazing.
- Posted by Parent - Cbroo
Excellent school for toddlers through 8th grade. Encourages individualized and cooperative learning, freedom of movement, critical thinking, and self expression. Produces strong, independent, self motivated high school students.
- Posted by Parent - rhonh
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.