The Prout School
The Prout School Photo #2 - The Prout School challenges every student, with college-prep, honors, and Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Prout is also the only high school in Rhode Island to offer the prestigious Baccalaureate (IB) program.
The Prout School Photo #3 - Prout athletes compete on interscholastic teams in Division I and Division II. Our unique Southern Rhode Island location affords our athletes opportunities to golf at Point Judith Country Club, swim at URI, surf in the ocean and row on the Narrow River.
The Prout School Photo #4 - Visual and Performing Arts electives include drawing, painting, musical theatre, ceramics, and technical theatre. After school, students pursue their passions and explore new worlds through 32 extracurricular clubs and activities.
The Prout School Photo #5 - Our dedicated faculty and staff are always willing to support students with extra help before and after school. Many have extensive teaching experience and hold advanced degrees in their field.
The Prout School Photo #6 - We are a community of friends who support each other. We have a well-deserved reputation of welcoming new students and embracing differences in our school community.
The Prout School Photo #7 - An accomplished full-time dance teacher allows us to offer dance instruction as part of the curriculum. There are multiple opportunities for our dancers to perform and even choreograph.
The Prout School Photo #8 - Crusaders know how to have fun. Community-building traditions include Spirit Week, Homecoming, Battle of the Classes, and an always popular (and often messy) gingerbread house-building contest.
The Prout School Photo #9 - We are a Catholic community. Each day starts with prayer and we come together monthly to celebrate Mass. Service to others is integral to our Catholic identity and we offer meaningful ways for our students to share their talents with our brothers and sisters in Christ.
- The Prout School is a college preparatory, coeducational Catholic high school accepting students of all faiths in grades 9 through 12.
- We welcome young men and women into a committed community of learners, believers, and friends.
- We believe that each individual is gifted with unique qualities, and encourage them to discover and develop these gifts, using them in the service of others.
- We seek to enroll students who are eager and able to meet the academic, social, and spiritual standards of a demanding college preparatory program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||400 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Chemistry, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. History, AP Calculus|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform includes school shirts, sweaters, slacks, skirts, blouses, etc.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,350|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sharon DeLuca|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||37 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
A Cappella, Art Club, Bob Ross Club (Art), Chess Club, Dance Club, French Club, Honor Society, Italian Club, Kindness Matters Club, Liturgical/Spiritual Life Council, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model Legislature, National Honor Society, Ping Pong Club, Positivity Vibes Club, Recycling Club, Respect Life Club, Robotics Club, Ski Club, Spanish Club, Student Ambassador Club, Student Council, Student Organ Donation Advocates, Surf Club, The HEART Literary Magazine, Yearbook committee, Youth Force (Previously Students Against Destructive Decisions)
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Beatitones A Capella, Choir, Dance, Jazz Band, Strings Ensemble, Theatre, Yoga
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The Prout School is a college preparatory, coeducational Catholic high school serving students of all faiths from a wide range of surrounding communities in grades 9 through 12. We welcome young men and women into a committed community of learners, believers, and friends. We believe that all individuals are gifted with unique qualities, and encourage them to discover and develop these gifts, using them in the service of others. We strive to develop life skills that will empower our students to become thoughtful and creative citizens of the world. Prout is the only school in Rhode Island (and one of ten in New England) offering the prestigious International Baccalaureate (I.B.) program for advanced learning. Our academic, arts, and athletic programs are known state-wide for their excellence. We seek to enroll students who are eager and able to meet the academic, social, and spiritual standards of a demanding college preparatory program.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 753 students
250 Lloyd Ave
Providence, RI 02906
(401)831-7350 26.6 NS-12
- Portsmouth Grades: 9-12 | 360 students
285 Corys Ln
Portsmouth, RI 02871
(401)643-1248 14.4 9-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.