The Prout School
- The Prout School is a college preparatory, coeducational Catholic high school accepting students of all faiths in grades 9 through 12.
- We welcome young men and women into a committed community of learners, believers, and friends.
- We believe that each individual is gifted with unique qualities, and encourage them to discover and develop these gifts, using them in the service of others.
- We seek to enroll students who are eager and able to meet the academic, social, and spiritual standards of a demanding college preparatory program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||624 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Chemistry, AP English, AP Environmental Science, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. History, AP Calculus|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform includes school shirts, sweaters, slacks, skirts, blouses, etc.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,600|
|Tuition Notes||Cost is approximate as of July 2012|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Anime Club, Art Club, Chess Club, Crusader Pride, Crusader Pride Club, Film Club, Foreign Film Club, French Club, Game Club, Honor Society, Italian Club, Jazz Band, LaSallian Youth Club, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model U.N., National Honor Society, Ping Pong Club, Pottery Club, Recycling Club, Robotics Club, Spanish Club, Student Ambassador Club, Student Council, Students Against Destructive Decisions, Writing Club, Yearbook committee|
- The Prout School is a college preparatory, coeducational Catholic high school serving students of all faiths from a wide range of surrounding communities in grades 9 through 12. We welcome young men and women into a committed community of learners, believers, and friends. We believe that all individuals are gifted with unique qualities, and encourage them to discover and develop these gifts, using them in the service of others. We strive to develop life skills that will empower our students to become thoughtful and creative citizens of the world. Prout is the only school in Rhode Island (and one of ten in New England) offering the prestigious International Baccalaureate (I.B.) program for advanced learning. Our academic, arts, and athletic programs are known state-wide for their excellence. We seek to enroll students who are eager and able to meet the academic, social, and spiritual standards of a demanding college preparatory program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: 6-12 | 1541 students
612 Academy Ave
Providence, RI 02908
(401)351-7750 27.1 6-12
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 753 students
250 Lloyd Ave
Providence, RI 02906
(401)831-7350 26.6 NS-12
- Portsmouth Grades: 9-12 | 360 students
285 Corys Ln
Portsmouth, RI 02871
(401)643-1248 14.4 9-12
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.