The Renaissance School
- Grades: 6-12
- Yearly Tuition: $12,000
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Our Philosophy:
- We believe that a well-rounded education should include the following:
- Practical life skills, such as critical thinking, emotional intelligence, financial literacy, career education, communication, household and car maintenance, healthy living, and meal preparation
- General knowledge about the world, such as in basic math, science and history, and an introduction to literature, art and music
- A chance to take a deep dive into topic(s) that particularly interests the student.
- We believe that most schools today do not do a good job at any of these. They mostly omit the life skills; don't provide well rounded general knowledge and in some cases force kids to learn advanced topics like algebra which most of them will never need in their lives. Our school strikes a good balance of all three areas.
- Other advantages
- We provide much more individual attention to the student than a large public school can.Our teachers don't have to 'teach to the test" ie. focus only on subjects on state tests and cover a lot of topics superficially. We take the time to dive deep into some areas with a lot of interaction with the students.
- Who this school is for
- Everybody! We believe all students benefit from our curriculum, and we are able to help them grow into well rounded individuals. As we stated above, we are able to give students a lot of individual attention. Students who might fall behind in a traditional school will be given the help they need. And students who would feel unchallenged in such a school will be challenged, including being given the opportunity to do research with local university professors in an area of their choice. We will be starting with the middle and high school grades, and expanding to the elementary grades later.
Endorse The Renaissance School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards