The School At Thompson
Tel: (704) 644-4380
- Thompson Child & Family Focus (formerly Thompson Children's Home) provides diverse services in treatment, education and care.
- The Center is five-star state licensed and accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Thompson embraces children who are at risk for social and academic failure by providing intensive treatment, protection, specialized education and stabilized family environments.
- We believe these are the core ingredients that ensure success.
- The ability of our children and families to achieve independent and rewarding lives is the challenge that connects all of our efforts.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-10|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clayton Grades: 7-12 | 6 students
408 Covered Bridge Rd
Clayton, NC 27520
(919) 550-8181 132.2 7-12
- Sumter Grades: 1-12 | 16 students
2410 Bethel Church Rd
Sumter, SC 29154
(803) 481-7870 94.3 1-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?