The Spring Hill School
- The Spring Hill School is a respectful and innovative Toddler (18 months) - Grade 8 independent school believing in the intellect and potential of each of our children.
- At the heart of our school is a hands-on, global bilingual education that fosters joyful learning and stimulates passionate engagement, elaborate thinking, creating, making, and inventing. This is a place where our children can ask questions, wonder, explore, receive individual as well as team guidance as they master their academic skills and thrive while gaining a deep understanding of subject matters.
- The Spring Hill School provides an authentic Montessori classroom in Toddler through Kindergarten programs. As students move up to the Elementary and Middle School from the Montessori foundation, they advance to an independent school project and research-based, integrated program with a focus on design-thinking and STEAM (science, technology, arts, math) to prepare them to meet the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century.
- Programs in our Elementary/Middle School include: Advisory Program, Public Speaking, Math Circles and a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art programs to challange our students and spark a curiosity in life-long-learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Please refer to our website (springhillmontessori.org) for Summer Program tuition details.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No super hero or television characters)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 5 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges for Toddler, Prekindergarten, and Kindergarten with 4-5 day full and half day programs. Please refer to our website (springhillmontessori.org) for tuition details. Full tuition for grades 1-8 is $17,620 annually.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Bridget N. Anderson- Associate Head of School|
- We support and nurture each child`s brilliance and unique gifts by encouraging each to reach his or her potential with joy, confidence, new perspectives and a sense of self.
- We model academic excellence through an individualized curriculum focusing on intellectual curiosity and creativity.
- We are committed to providing a school fully integrated with nature through a hands-on approach to sustainability including gardening and recycling programs, and a natural playground where children can climb trees and build forts.
- We provide an environment where children learn experientially, exploring, discovering and developing life skills, self-discipline, resilience, and leadership competency.
- We foster personal connections and the value of teamwork with an emphasis on a socially diverse community based on integrity and respectful engagement amongst all.
- We cultivate flexibility and adaptability through an exploration of foreign languages, science and technology, and global cultures in this rapidly changing environment.
- Fall 2018 will mark the schools expansion to include a full Toddler (18 months) - Grade 8 program. Contruction of our new Middle School program (grades 5 - 8) will be completed in Spring 2019.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Penngrove Grades: PK-K | 36 students
11201 Main St
Penngrove, CA 94951
(707)665-9830 5.2 PK-K
- Santa Rosa Grades: PK-6 | 76 students
1569 Brush Creek Rd
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
(707)539-7980 16.9 PK-6
- Santa Rosa Grades: K-9 | 37 students
431 Humboldt St
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
(707)528-0721 15.4 K-9
- Santa Rosa Grades: PK-12 | 374 students
655 Willowside Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
(707)575-7194 17 PK-12