The Village Academy
Tel: (865) 970-6336
- Village Behavioral Health specializes in helping children, ages 13-17, who are struggling with mental health and/or addiction issues.
- We are a residential treatment center and alcohol and drug treatment center with a strong academic program addressing the emotional and educational needs of the child.
- Located on a 65-acre campus in the foothills of The Great Smoky Mountains, just minutes from Knoxville Tennessee, this quiet location is an ideal setting for adolescents to begin facing their difficulties free from distractions.
- We are located on a peninsula outstretching into the Tennessee River.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melissa Manges|
- We treat adolescents who suffer from:
- •Mood Disorders such as Depression, Bipolar, and Anxiety
- •Chemical Dependence and/or abuse of Alcohol and Drugs.
- •Trauma from Physical, Emotional, or Sexual Abuse
- •Personality Disorders
- •Behavioral Disorders and other Behavioral Problems
- •Difficulty in School Environment
- Treatment Process:
- The goal of our program is to help the adolescent to make better choices through helping them have an understanding of how their poor choices have affected them. We capitalize on the adolescents’ strengths and assist them in being able to make the changes necessary to make positive choices to establish a more healthy future. We provide a safe, secure, and Serene setting to allow treatment to truly begin. Family involvement is essential to make lasting change. For the adolescent to get the full benefit of our program, the family must be active participants in the treatment process. Family Therapy occurs on a regular basis and is a critical part of our program to ensure long-term success of the child. Village Behavioral Health’s Alcohol & Drug Program follows the 12-step model and utilizes local 12-step groups. Each child begins their treatment within the 12-step model and engages in both on-campus and off campus groups. Adolescents are also introduced to relapse prevention and guided in gaining control over their substance abuse and addiction. Village Behavioral Health provides 24-hour supervision and an intensive therapeutic experience. Adolescents engage in individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, activity therapy, a vocational program, and a full academic program during their stay with Village Behavioral Health. Each child receives an individualized treatment plan addressing his or her specific needs. At admission, adolescents become members of a group. This group supports each other in a positive way to allow each individual adolescent to learn positive social skills.
- The Educational Experience:
- The Village Academy is a school accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). We provide both general and special education services. With a small student-to-teacher ratio, Village Behavioral Health Academy can create a positive academic experience for students who previously have known frustration and failure. The Village Academy staff care about young people and have dedicated themselves to mentoring students to become positive and productive young adults by means of an encouraging and challenging educational environment.
- The Difference:
- Through the Serene environment, wrap around treatment approach, engaging activities, and top-of-the-line education that is provided to each adolescent, Village Behavioral Health sets themselves apart as a treatment facility that makes positive change in each child’s life. Village Behavioral Health has a full high and low ropes course, pool, vocational program, and recreational activities that not only challenge each youth but helps them engage into treatment. The Village Academy offers a fine arts program and an integrated academic and therapeutic environment.
- Admission Process:
- All referrals are processed promptly. Referrals can be submitted via our website at www.VillageBH.com or through calling (800) 255-TEEN. If the adolescent is not currently in treatment or has not been evaluated recently, Village Behavioral Health can make recommendations on how an assessment may be completed. If the adolescent is currently being treated, the attending therapist or facility may fax records to (865) 970-1866.
- Exclusionary Criteria:
- -Full scale IQ below
- -70-History of pyromania
- -Adjudicated sexual offenders
- -Physical or medical conditions that would hinder participation in vigorous, outdoor activities
- Adolescents admitted to Village Behavioral Health are typically experiencing one or more of the following problems:
- Co-occurring disorders
- Depression, Anxiety, and other Mood Disorders
- Alcohol and/or Drug Abuse
- Trauma and Behaviors resulting from that Trauma
- Self Injurious Behaviors
- Disrespect of Authority
- Inability to Behave Independently and Autonomously
- Pattern of Excessive Passivity and Clinging Dependency in Relationships
- Family Problems Village Behavioral Health specializes in treatment of adolescents with co-occurring disorders who have not responded to less intensive treatment approaches.
- Village Behavioral Health will work with your insurance plan to maximize benefits that are available. We accept most private insurance plans, TennCare, NC Medicaid, and other state Medicaid Plans.
- People that viewed The Village Academy also viewed these schools: Adventist Christian School of Maryville.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Maryville Grades: 1-8 | 19 students
2921 Sevierville Rd.
Maryville, TN 37804
(865) 982-7584 9.4 1-8
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.