Three Rivers Village School
Three Rivers Village School Photo #2 - Students are free to engage in activities that are interesting and meaningful to them. That freedom is not within a certain small time frame, it is all day, everyday.
Self Directed education and true direct democracy. The Three Rivers Village School empowers students by giving them agency over their education and accountability to their school community.
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Students: 25 students
- Yearly Tuition: $9,000
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
We offer sliding scale financial aid.
- Self Directed Education
- At The Three Rivers Village School students have the right to self direct and complete responsibility for their own education. Students individually decide what to do with their time, and tend to learn as a by-product of ordinary experience rather than through coursework. There is no predetermined educational syllabus, prescriptive curriculum or standardized instruction. Within a safe school environment students are free to pursue their own interests in the ways that are most satisfying.
- Students and staff are collectively responsible for the school`s operation it is run by direct democracy where all members have an equal vote. TRVS is a scaled down version of the real world where students and staff collaborate in problem solving and conflict resolution through due process in Justice Committee and participate in day to day as well as bigger picture legislation at School Meeting. Participation in democracy and justice will develop student`s sense of responsibility for their lives and their community.
- Age Mixing
- Students benefit from being around kids of a variety of ages. They learn about boundaries and to be sensitive to the needs of others. Not separating students by age or ability also sends the message that we are all on equal footing with the same rights and responsibilities as a community.
Endorse Three Rivers Village School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards