Three Rivers Village School Photo #3 - Students spend their time doing things that interest them which encourages curiosity and is the foundation of life long learning.
Self Directed education and true direct democracy. The Three Rivers Village School empowers students by giving them agency over their education and accountability to their school community.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 25 students
- Yearly Tuition: $9,000
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Sliding scale tuition is available. We are deeply committed to being accessible to all income levels.
- Self Directed Education
- At The Three Rivers Village School students have the right to self direct and complete responsibility for their own education. Students individually decide what to do with their time, and tend to learn as a by-product of ordinary experience rather than through coursework. There is no predetermined educational syllabus, prescriptive curriculum or standardized instruction. Within a safe school environment students are free to pursue their own interests in the ways that are most satisfying.
- Students and staff are collectively responsible for the school`s operation it is run by direct democracy where all members have an equal vote. TRVS is a scaled down version of the real world where students and staff collaborate in problem solving and conflict resolution through due process in Justice Committee and participate in day to day as well as bigger picture legislation at School Meeting. Participation in democracy and justice will develop student`s sense of responsibility for their lives and their community.
- Age Mixing
- Students benefit from being around kids of a variety of ages. They learn about boundaries and to be sensitive to the needs of others. Not separating students by age or ability also sends the message that we are all on equal footing with the same rights and responsibilities as a community.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Three Rivers Village School cost?
Three Rivers Village School's tuition is approximately $9,000 for private students.
When is the application deadline for Three Rivers Village School?
The application deadline for Three Rivers Village School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Three Rivers Village School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Nearby Homes for Sale
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.
Overview of State Voucher Programs in the United States
More than twelve states and the District of Columbia have education voucher programs. We describe the various programs and offer suggestions on how to use them so your child can attend private school.