Timber Ridge School
- Timber Ridge School is approved as a special education facility.
- Our instructional programs meet the needs of emotionally disturbed and learning disabled students.
- We are licensed by the Virginia Interdepartmental Office for the Regulation of Children's Facilities and we meet the Special Education standards.
- We are accredited by the Virginia Association of Specialized Education Facilities and by the National Council for the Accreditation of Special Education Services.
- All our educational staff have certificates to teach special education and in their content area.
- Timber Ridge School is a licensed residential treatment and accredited educational program serving young men with a history of serious emotional, learning, and behavioral difficulties.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.