5.00 (11 reviews)
- Our intensive program is 15 months in length. We are a behavioral faith based boarding school.
- Tuition covers 24-hour staff supervision, room, board, meals, counseling, education, vocational training and sports.
- Cadets progress through direct counseling and educational classes. Students earn their ranks by attaining weekly goals.
- In turn they mentor junior cadets as their mobile fiber becomes strengthened.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||53 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||19|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Students wear military uniforms special ordered by the center)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,011|
|Admissions Director||Debra Pitts|
|Admissions Associate||Angelea Williams|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Intramural Sports Only, SoccerBaseball, Basketball,|
Intramural Sports Only, Soccer,
- Our intensive program is 15 months in length. We are a behavioral faith based boarding school. Tuition covers 24-hour staff supervision, room, board, meals, counseling, education, vocational training and sports. Cadets progress through direct counseling and educational classes. Students earn their ranks by attaining weekly goals. In turn they mentor junior cadets as their mobile fiber becomes strengthened. We introduce your son, age 11-17, to the peace and happiness that comes from a relationship with Christ. Our twice-weekly chapels are hallmarked by contemporary worship and prayer. Our evenings are occupied with character growth studies and group Bible discussions. Our staff are always available for a spiritual discussion and interject biblical themes into everything we do. We`re not new at this. We know what works, and we see lives changed every day. We`re not making robots out of these kids. We`re building up young men with confidence, who thoughtfully consider their options, having learned that making bad choices leads to bad outcomes. We`re developing leaders of integrity and men of strength from boys who were weak and headed for disaster.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pompano Beach Grades: 6-12 | 49 students
1813 Cecil Webb Place
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
(386)842-5555 167.8 6-12
- Port Saint Lucie Grades: 3-12 | 16 students
638 Biltmore Street
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34983
(772)621-9104 408.3 3-12
- Vero Beach Grades: 6-12 | 27 students
801 154th Avenue
Vero Beach, FL 32966
(772)978-4164 382.8 6-12
- Port Saint Lucie Grades: PK-12 | 120 students
590 Nw Peacock Blvd # 4
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986
(772)905-8096 406.6 PK-12
- Lakeland Grades: K-11 | 52 students
6949 Old Polk City Rd
Lakeland, FL 33809
(863)682-5730 299 K-11
Our son is 17 years old he started since eighth grade after loosening his papa and getting cut from sport he grew up loveing playing cut team freshmen year highschool he turned from our loveing sweet smart young man to angry partying friends staying out all hours not following rules or authority to drugs stealing ect so good friend of mine told me about teen challange I googled gateway academy military Christian school said this sounds like school /program that my son needs so I called I felt so blessed talking to how supportive nice staff was helpful quick process took a lot stress off in that aspect and our son is still in begging stages but feeling more more blessed thankful to Jesus every day he is there thexcited to see what god does to life transform my son into honerable confident young man when we toured facility it is amazing the way they worship Jesus is beyond anything I have seen in school setting my husband and I highly recommend gateway military academy to any one thank u from bottom of our hearts for doing what your doing in our son life the Stewart`s in baker county :
- Posted by Parent - Tanya and Doug stewart
I was in the program and I am somewhere I thought I would never be.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Sebastian standridge
Our son really needed help and we were at a loss as to what else we could do. We prayed about it a lot and found Gateway Academy. We couldn't be happier with our decision. He has grown close to the Lord, he has learned to control himself, he has improved academically and we are literally seeing a transformation of him take place. The entire staff, from Pastor Clay to the counselors, teachers and the direct care staff -- every single one of them love our boys and take care of them as Christ would. They hold them accountable, they work them hard, but they do it in a Christ-centered environment, and simply stated -- it works!
- Posted by Parent - Kevin
Our son would do just about anything to get attention from friends, even if said attention was negative. He was spiraling out of control before he went to Gateway Military Academy. Since he's been there he's learned a lot about how his choices have consequences, be it good or bad. He's doing a lot better now and I can't thank Gateway enough for the work they''ve done with him and our family.
- Posted by Parent - brats
Our son needed the high structure Gateway provides students. They are different in that students work on only 2 to 3 classes at a time. It isn't as overwhelming and they see their progress faster. He's required to meet weekly goals and has consistent consequences if he doesn't. He's progressed from a boy who simply refused to do any school work to regularly being celebrated for his achievements at the monthly recognition. He always had the ability. Now he has the behavior that gets good grades.
- Posted by Parent - denis
We considered several types of programs for our son, but when we found Gateway we knew we had found the right place. It matched our family's values. We felt comfortable on the campus. We could see how well our son would be provided for and how many wonderful things were happening with the other students on campus. Most of all, we felt sincerely loved, and we knew he would be loved too. Gateway is among the finest programs of its kind. We highly recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - jkwea
The other kids at Gateway Military Academy had done or were dealing with the same things that were causing me so much trouble. I could share honestly what I felt and was always accepted for it. As I grew through the program, I got to help a couple of younger guys who had just started. I learned as much from them as I did from the guy who showed me around when I first came. It felt great to be a leader, to have someone look up to me for all the right reasons. I want to be a man of integrity so that someday my own kids can look up to me like that.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - brats
As a long term volunteer and part time staff at Gateway Academy, my husband and I are very impressed with the quality of education provided to students, the disciplines taught, and the structure provided to young men who need these elements in their lives. Hurting young men and their parents are provided with training and support in a loving but structured environment.
- Posted by Parent - ghast
What a wonderful school! My son attended and love it!
- Posted by Parent - Staci
I am a single mom. I have stretched and sacrificed and given all I could to raise my son well. When I saw the crowd he was hanging around with and the choices he was making, I realized there was something missing. Gateway Military Academy stepped in to give him what I was not able to do myself: godly male role models, structure and consistency, and the best in educational opportunities. I count it a blessing that they helped me with the huge responsibility of parenting, and I know my son is the better for it
- Posted by Parent - 1273g
I was so frustrated with my son, I was ready to kick him to a boot camp to straighten him out once and for all. Praise God, I found Gateway Military Academy first. The unconditional love mixed with the structure and responsibility were exactly what he needed to turn his life around. I even learned about boundaries and how to parent with consistency. We are both much better people because of his time at Gateway Military Academy.
- Posted by Parent - saman
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.