Topeka Collegiate School
- Topeka Collegiate is a private independent school whose mission is to prepare students for advanced education, successful careers and responsible citizenship through a commitment to academic excellence and humanitarian ideals.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences Supported|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||137 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 27 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Brittany Crabtree|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir Grades 4-8
- We are Topeka`s only independent college preparatory school, placing students at the center of the learning experience and passionately developing the next generation of leaders equipped with skills for life.
- Topeka Collegiate provides an agile learning environment that teaches to each student, helping them develop confidence, critical thinking skills, a commitment to community service and a love of learning that will benefit them for life.
- Year after year, Topeka Collegiate students' standardized test scores place them among the highest-achieving independent school students in the nation. This is no surprise, as teachers are given the freedom to tailor their classroom curriculum to the individual needs of their students. Teachers work with parents to ensure that students are academically challenged and nurtured to reach their full potential.
- Our curriculum emphasizes math, science, history, reading, writing and Spanish. Specialists teach science, Spanish, computer science, music, art and physical education in all grades.
- We are cultivating the next generation of leadership. Topeka Collegiate prepares students to be leaders through character development, a commitment to equity and justice, social engagement and global citizenry..
- Children leave Topeka Collegiate as young men and women who have a love of learning that will stay with them for their entire lives. Graduates are known for their broad and varied interests, deep knowledge base and versatile skill sets. They are communicators, risk takers and critical thinkers.
Profile last updated:
This is the best prep school in town. I have one child there and one who has just left for high school. High school is not a difficulty for him. He is well prepared and well adjusted. After the first week of school, he came home (unsolicited) and said he needs to thank his Spanish teacher for preparing him so well and another day said he wants to thank his math teacher--he understands fully the lessons being presented in his advanced Algebra 2 class. My youngest son is beginning to show some leadership potential, a positive attitude, and an interest in school. I think he will also be well-prepared for his Advanced placement and honors classes in high school. There is nothing more worthwhile and valuable than a strong, positive, humanitarian education for your children.
- Posted by Parent - trace