Cair Paravel Latin School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (785) 232-3878
Cair Paravel Latin School (CPLS) is a non-denominational classical Christian college preparatory school serving students from preschool to 12th grades.Our Classical method of teaching is unique, but it is no experiment.
Some of the greatest leaders and thinkers of Western civilization, from Aristotle to Thomas Jefferson, have been educated this way.
A guiding principle for our dedicated faculty is that every child of God is capable of extraordinary achievements through classical training and cultivation of character.
We believe that all education should be education that naturally leads students toward the good, the true, and the beautiful.At CPLS, each and every student is challenged and inspired by the curriculum while being given the "tool kit" with which to further their learning and inspire a passion for knowledge.
Education is brought together in a convergence with Christ for a rigorous educational experience.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||397 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Chemistry, Art History, Calculus, College Algebra, English Composition I, English Composition II, English Literature, Great Ideas / Ethics, Great Ideas / Philosophy, Music History|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants or shorts, knit polo, skirts and jumpers)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,668|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Stacey Hickam|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Junior Classical League (JCL)
- As a school that desires to prepare students to enter into the "Great Conversation" of life, it would be good to define our terms for prospective parents.
- Christian - a believer in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ who strives to live in obedience to the Lord
- Classical - that which is classical has stood the test of time. CPLS is classical in its materials and methodoly. Materials used and concepts taught are those that have survived for generations and have been proven to be true, good and beautiful. Methods used conform to the "trivium" which addresses grammar, logic and rhetoric in conjunction with the learning levels of a child's development.
- Liberal Arts - a liberal arts education addresses the whole person with a view to creating a "generalist" who can speak intelligently to a broad spectrum of subjects and issues.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Topeka Grades: K-8 | 284 students
5973 Sw 25th St Bldg B
Topeka, KS 66614
(785) 272-2220 4.6 K-8
- Kansas City Grades: 9-12 | 290 students
708 N 18th St
Kansas City, KS 66102
(913) 371-1201 55.8 9-12
Our children have been at Cair Paravel Latin School for over seven years, and we can't imagine them anywhere else. We feel reassured that as the world continues to change, their academics are grounded in tried and true methods, centered around God's truth. Each teacher has taken the time to get to know our children, and to guide them not just academically, but spiritually and through character development.
- Posted by Parent - candb
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.