Trinity School At Greenlawn
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (574) 287-5590
Trinity School At Greenlawn Photo #2 - Students compose their own music and work with professional musicians who bring their works to life.
Trinity School At Greenlawn Photo #3 - Trinity at Greenlawn is one of three high schools in the US that offers MATLAB training.
Trinity School At Greenlawn Photo #4 - All-school games on the lawn are a regular occurrence. Students work hard together and play hard together.
Trinity School At Greenlawn Photo #5 - Each student takes two years of Drama. They perform in a Shakespeare play in eleventh grade and a modern play in twelfth grade.
Trinity Schools provide an education for sixth through twelfth grades that is at once disciplined and creative, intellectual and moral, an education firmly planted in the soil of the Christian tradition.
Small, single-sex classes, humanities seminars, advanced math and science programs, and a focus on the fine arts make for a rich and rigorous educational experience.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1993, 2002, 2013|
|Total Students||244 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1319|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Students wear uniforms.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Mock Trial, Sustainability Club, Trinity Life Committee, Volunteer Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Chamber Choir, Mens' Choir, Trinity Literary Review, Womens' Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The mission of Trinity Schools is to impart basic ordered knowledge about the world and to train students in basic intellectual skills and qualities of mind so that they might be of use to God in the wise care and governance of his creation and in the building of his kingdom. We accomplish this by establishing a culture marked by the discovery of truth, the practice of goodness, the creation of beauty, and the development of intellectual and aesthetic habits of mind. Trinity School is a community of learners characterized by the rigorous exploration of reality, the free and disciplined exchange of ideas, and active participation in the fine arts.
- 6th-12th grade
- 4-time award winner of the U.S. Board of Education's Blue Ribbon of Excellence Award
- Highest SAT scores in the area
- Single-sex class rooms
- Co-ed school
- Mission focused
- Unparalleled training in writing
- Daily morning prayer
- Core curriculum
- Integrated math and science curriculum
- Four years of Latin
- College-level MATLAB instruction (only offered in 3 high schools in the US)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Bend Grades: PK-12 | 172 students
5715 Miami St
South Bend, IN 46614
(574) 291-3620 4.2 PK-12
- Elkhart Grades: PK-12 | 516 students
25943 County Road 22
Elkhart, IN 46517
(574) 293-1609 13.5 PK-12
I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a Trinity student. I was able to delve deeply into our topics of study because of the small classes and the emphasis on having a depth of inquiry and sense of wonder. I felt safe enough in my classes to throw out half-baked ideas and explore their implications. I missed the honest, truth-seeking discussions when I went on to the University of Chicago. It was a great university, but I found my education at Trinity to be more intellectually and emotionally fulfilling. Trinity was also just a fun place to be! We were serious about learning and serious about having fun together.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ginae
Despite its emphasis on excellence, this is the friendliest school I''ve known. I love that all students take music (performance and composition), art (studio and art history) and drama. Not surprisingly, its students are accepted into some of the top colleges, many receiving academic scholarships.
- Posted by Parent - r2san
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.