Unity Christian School
Tel: (618) 942-3802
- Unity Christian School was founded in 1978 as a non-profit, Christian School.
- UCS is non-denominational, in that we are not aligned with any one particular church.
- Currently our student body consists of families representing over 61 area churches and 20 different communities throughout southern Illinois.
- Our mission is to educate students from a biblical perspective and to equip them with the requisite knowledge, skills, and values so that they might influence culture and society for Christ.
- We recognize that parents have a God-given responsibility to train their children.
- We also recognize that all truth is from God and strive to teach from a Christian worldview.
- It is our desire to work together with parents to prepare students spiritually, morally, socially and academically, so that they will grow in grace and the knowledge of God and affect their world for Christ.
- UCS is a member of ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) and is an excellent choice for academic preparation for college and for life. Our biblically-integrated curriculum places God at the center of all creation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||196 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Polo Style Shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||PreK Tuition: $4,950 Multiple Student Discounts Available - Go to http://www.ucswarriors.com/admissions for most current information.|
|Admissions Director||Nicki Bowlin|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Heartland Christian Conference: Bible & Academic Competition, Heartland Christian Conference: Speech & Music Competition
Profile last updated:
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.