- Unity Christian School was founded in 1978 as a non-profit, Christian School.
- UCS is non-denominational, in that we are not aligned with any one particular church.
- Currently our student body consists of families representing over 45 area churches and 20 different communities throughout Southern Illinois.
- Our mission is to educate students from a biblical perspective and to equip them with the requisite knowledge, skills, and values so that they might influence culture and society for Christ.
- We recognize that parents have a God-given responsibility to train their children.
- We also recognize that all truth is from God and strive to teach from a Christian worldview.
- It is our desire to work together with parents to prepare students spiritually, morally, socially and academically, so that they will grow in grace and the knowledge of God and affect their world for Christ.
- UCS is a member of ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) and is an excellent choice for academic preparation for college and for life. Our biblically-integrated curriculum places God at the center of all creation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||204 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Polo Style Shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,900|
|Tuition Notes||PreK Tuition: $4650. Multiple Student Discounts Available - Go to http://www.ucswarriors.com/enrollment.html for most current information.|
|Admissions Director||Office Manager|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Heartland Christian Conference: Bible & Academic Competition, Heartland Christian Conference: Speech & Music Competition, Saluki Strings - Violin Heartland Christian Conference: Bible & Academic Competition,
Heartland Christian Conference: Speech & Music Competition,
Saluki Strings - Violin,
April 27, 2017
This fictional interview illustrates how one set of parents chose a private school for their daughter.
April 27, 2017
Joseph Gauld is a distinguished educator who founded Hyde Schools in 1966.
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.