University Liggett School
- Top Ranked MI School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 658 students
- Yearly Tuition: $25,000
- Acceptance rate: 65%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 14 / Feb. 26 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Ethics Bowl, Robotics Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Musical Theater, Theater Arts
- Why Liggett?
- Because asking new questions is more valuable than memorizing old answers. For 144 years, Liggett has pioneered thought-provoking, transformative educational experiences.
- A Fundamentally Better Approach to Education - The Liggett Approach puts students at the center of their learning, cultivating interests and passions. Classrooms are student-centered and teacher guided. Rigor is achieved by depth, rather than breadth.
- A Small School with Big Impact - Each student benefits from small classes and world-class faculty. Our students flourish with access to opportunities, resources, and interactions that only a tight knit PK-12 community can provide.
- A Tradition of Success - More than 90% of our seniors are offered admission to their top choice university, including many of the finest institutions in the world.The Class of 2021 was awarded $3.2 million in merit scholarships. Alumni have had a significant impact in business, science, the arts, athletics, research, politics and more.
- Our Tradition of Innovation - Encouraging experimentation, problem solving and critical thinking with innovative technology is a hallmark of a Liggett education. This is supported by dedicated innovation spaces.
- Our Tradition of Athletic Excellence - From the first use of the forward pass in a football game (1908) to the first girls` hockey team in the State (1986), Liggett`s athletic programs have been truly remarkablethroughout its history. The Knights have achieved 84 State Championships - four during the 2020-21 school year.
- Our Tradition of Access and Opportunity - Liggett opens its doors to bright, talented and dedicated students, whose diversity of backgrounds enriches our school, through scholarships and need-based tuition assistance supported by generous giving and a robust endowment.
Endorse University Liggett School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards