University Liggett School
- The oldest independent co-educational day school in Michigan, University Liggett School is among the preeminent PreK-12 institutions in the state.
- The Liggett Approach is based on the following values:
- Respect: Recognizing the inherent worth of every individual. Appreciating the value of knowledge, experience and perspective.
- Critical Thought: The ability to make connections, solve problems and debate; develop and practice the skills of metacognition; and analyze information objectively.
- Determination: Embracing challenges. A relentless pursuit of excellence and the conviction that falling forward is implicit in the learning process.
- Curiosity: Asking questions, seeking answers and experiencing the world hands on. A lifelong drive to learn and understand.
- Creativity: Encouraging diverse ideas and perspectives; embracing a spirit of inventiveness and ingenuity. A lifelong drive to learn and understand.
- Freedom: Unrestrained inquiry, thought and communication. The independence to pursue discoveries. The latitude to be unique, to be authentic.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||611 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||83 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government and Politics, Art History, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Comparative Politics, English Literature, French, Latin literature, Music Theory, Physics, Spanish, Studio Art, U.S. History, World History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants and polo or dress shirts. No jeans.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 18 / Feb. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $17,000 to $29,000 depending on level. Prekindergarten fees depend on several factors. Call for information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Stephanie Sikora|
|Admissions Associate||Shelika Tate|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- A University Liggett School education empowers students to break through boundaries. Own their academic growth. Flourish through failure. Understand through experience. Revel in their differences, talents and strengths. We approach every student and each day from a place of pure and limitless possibility, with our holistic approach to learning and an environment that supports meaningful risks and rewards.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Franklin Grades: PK-12 | 1522 students
22305 W Thirteen Mile Road
Franklin, MI 48025
(248)430-3587 19.7 PK-12
- Detroit Grades: 7-12 | 876 students
8400 S Cambridge Avenue
Detroit, MI 48221
(313)862-5400 13 7-12
- Mount Clemens Grades: PK-5 | 240 students
1070 Hampton Road
Mount Clemens, MI 48043
(586)465-5545 11.2 PK-5
- Grosse Pointe Grades: PK-8 | 265 students
171 Lake Shore Road
Grosse Pointe, MI 48236
(313)886-1221 2 PK-8
- Ann Arbor Grades: 6-12 | 525 students
850 Greenhills Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
(734)769-4010 41.1 6-12