Urban Promise Academy
- Founded in 1997, UrbanPromise Academy offers Camden teens a unique private Christian schooling opportunity.
- Students often enter the school 2 to 3 grade levels below national age level standards.
- The UrbanPromise Academy is a private high school focusing on the needs of young people who are not reaching their academic potential in traditional public education settings.
- Through low student/teacher ratios, a family style learning environment, personal accountability, an emphasis on community service, mentoring and weekly Bible classes, the Academy has seen tremendous success in preparing teens for post-secondary educational opportunities.
- Presently the school boasts of a 95% graduation rate with 90% of the graduates entering colleges and university.
- The mission of UrbanPromise is to equip children and teens with the skills necessary for academic achievement, life management, spiritual growth and leadership rooted in the principles of Christian faith.
- As a non-denominational organization, the UrbanPromise community seeks to fulfill this mission through after school programs, summer camps, alternative schools, job training initiatives and a host of other programs that challenge youth to develop their academic, social, creative, spiritual and leadership potential.
- Unique to the vision of UrbanPromise is a commitment to involving local teenagers (StreetLeaders) in the tutoring, mentoring, and coaching of younger children in the community.
- By involving teens in the leadership process, UrbanPromise is creating a new generation of young, visionary leaders who embody a commitment to change their own community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Camden Grades: 10-12 | 33 students
315 Cooper Street
Camden, NJ 08102
(856)963-4060 1.5 10-12
- Camden Grades: NS-8 | 257 students
2907 Federal St
Camden, NJ 08105
(856)964-4336 2.4 NS-8
- Cherry Hill Grades: 9-12 | 721 students
300 Cuthbert Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
(856)663-2247 3.4 9-12
- Haddonfield Grades: NS-8 | 171 students
47 N Haddon Avenue
Haddonfield, NJ 08033
(856)429-6786 4.9 NS-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.