Urban Promise Academy
Tel: (856) 382-1874
- Founded in 1997, UrbanPromise Academy offers Camden teens a unique private Christian schooling opportunity.
- Students often enter the school 2 to 3 grade levels below national age level standards.
- The UrbanPromise Academy is a private high school focusing on the needs of young people who are not reaching their academic potential in traditional public education settings.
- Through low student/teacher ratios, a family style learning environment, personal accountability, an emphasis on community service, mentoring and weekly Bible classes, the Academy has seen tremendous success in preparing teens for post-secondary educational opportunities.
- Presently the school boasts of a 95% graduation rate with 90% of the graduates entering colleges and university.
- The mission of UrbanPromise is to equip children and teens with the skills necessary for academic achievement, life management, spiritual growth and leadership rooted in the principles of Christian faith.
- As a non-denominational organization, the UrbanPromise community seeks to fulfill this mission through after school programs, summer camps, alternative schools, job training initiatives and a host of other programs that challenge youth to develop their academic, social, creative, spiritual and leadership potential.
- Unique to the vision of UrbanPromise is a commitment to involving local teenagers (StreetLeaders) in the tutoring, mentoring, and coaching of younger children in the community.
- By involving teens in the leadership process, UrbanPromise is creating a new generation of young, visionary leaders who embody a commitment to change their own community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Camden Grades: 10-12 | 33 students
315 Cooper Street
Camden, NJ 08102
(856) 963-4060 1.5 10-12
- Cherry Hill Grades: 9-12 | 721 students
300 Cuthbert Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
(856) 663-2247 3.4 9-12
- Haddonfield Grades: NS-8 | 171 students
47 N Haddon Avenue
Haddonfield, NJ 08033
(856) 429-6786 4.9 NS-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.