Visitation Catholic School
Tel: (773) 373-5200
Visitation Catholic School Photo #3 - 3rd-grade students with "bookworm" cookies after hitting their reading goals!
Visitation Catholic School Photo #4 - Use of technology, like Smartboards and i-Pads, helps to bring lessons alive for the students.
Visitation Catholic School Photo #5 - A part of our STEM learning lab, i-Pads are used to help students understand concepts and play games that bring the curriculum home.
Visitation Catholic School Photo #6 - Our STEM lab is a great place for children to learn about technology and set themselves up for success in the modern world!
- We believe that education is an expression of the mission entrusted to the church by Jesus Christ.
- As a Catholic School, we hope to realize the threefold purpose of faith-based education: to teach doctrine, build community, and serve.
- We strive to teach our students not only to be intellectually competent but also compassionate, critical thinkers that make meaningful contributions to their community.
- Visitation Catholic School houses students from Pre-K through 8th grade; inspiring a passion for learning and helping students to build faith and friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Our faith-based curriculum is in line with Illinois State Education Standards, providing our students with a foundation to be successful beyond the walls of our classrooms.
- We are a compassionate and dedicated community founded on the pillars of faith, family, tradition, and excellence.
- We believe that quality education should be accessible to all and do our best to help accomplish that goal.
- If you are interested in learning more about Visitation's curriculum, social-emotional learning, or student life please contact us today.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Boys-Grey pants/red or white polo; Girls-red plaid skirt /red or white polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Need-based scholarships, financial assistance, and payment plans are available for students of all ages. For Pre-K and Kindergarten students we accept CCI|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, DanceBasketball, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Girl Scouts, Homework Club, Reading club, Technology, Tutoring
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Restorative Art
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance, Girls in the Game, Yoga
- Visitation Catholic School provides education to children from Pre-School (ages three and up) through 8th grade. With a more than 85% high school graduation rate, many of our students go on to receive scholarships and graduate from prestigious Catholic high schools, setting them up for success in college and beyond.
- We offer before and after school care from 6 am to 6 pm, allowing students a safe place to learn and grow. Our school provides a wide variety of extracurricular activities from basketball, dance, and yoga, to tutoring, art, and social-emotional learning programs. We strive to not only offer education but create community through art-therapy, school clubs, and events for students and their families.
- We understand that quality education can be expensive and offer payment plans, financial assistance, and scholarships for students attending. In addition, we strive to assist our students in finding scholarships and financial assistance to continue faith-based education after graduation.
Profile last updated: