W Wyman King Academy
- W Wyman King Academy has been providing quality education in a Christian environment.
- The desire for the best possible education in a safe, disciplined, Christian environment is the same today as it was when King Academy was established.
- In 1972 many citizens of our area were concerned that their children were not being offered the best opportunities in education.
- They worked hard and sacrificed to build a school to provide the things that were needed to give their children what they thought would be the best education possible.
- That was the birth of W. Wyman King Academy. In the years since then many others have joined in to make sure that King Academy remained strong and stayed with the vision of the “pioneers of King.”.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||207 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aiken Grades: NS-2 | 59 students
353 Laurens Street NW
Aiken, SC 29801
(803)502-0710 30.1 NS-2
- Johnston Grades: NS-12 | 186 students
1296 Columbia Rd
Johnston, SC 29832
(803)275-4794 17.5 NS-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.