Weinackers Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (251) 344-8755
- Weinacker's Montessori School is a member of Montessori Educators of Alabama, the Alabama Association of Licensed Early Care and Education and Gulf Coast Child Development Association.
- It was accredited through the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education in 1996.
- In August of 1998 it was announced that Weinacker’s Montessori School would be a finalist in the first annual Alabama Quality Award for Excellence in Education.
- We are committed to continually improving the quality of our programs.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Melissa Duncan|
- 1. We understand that children learn best through the use of their five senses. Materials are specially designed to develop and refine the five senses. Children can touch, see, hear, smell and even taste what they are learning about.
- 2. We learn about real things in our classroom. Practical Life activities help children gain independence and learn organizational skills while developing their coordination and concentration. Children prepare for and experience life!
- 3. Children have freedom to move and explore, learning through hands-on experience. Our classrooms are organized to create a calm, engaging environment.
- 4. Lessons are presented in a specific order We allow children to choose their own work, respecting that they know what they are most ready to learn and experience (Montessori’s Sensitive Periods for learning).
- 5. Learning is individualized, with each child working at his/her own pace. We allow children to choose their own work, respecting that they know what they are most ready to learn and experience (Montessori’s Sensitive Periods for learning).
- 6. We use an integrated language approach in our classrooms. Reading and Writing are taught initially through Montessori’s phonetic approach, and are then used in all aspects of the classroom environment.
- 7. We offer a positive, hands-on learning experience. Materials are designed so that children can experience success without failure. The goal is a well-adjusted child who has a genuine love of learning!
- 8. Children learn from experienced and well-trained teachers. The teacher’s role in the infant/toddler environment is to help foster the child’s independence while allowing him to explore and learn.
- 9. Infant/Toddler classrooms are attractive and inviting. The teacher’s role in the infant/toddler environment is to help foster the child’s independence while allowing him to explore and learn.
- 10. School is fun! Children Learn while playing and play while learning. And Music and Art are part of the Montessori curriculum. All of which helps Children develop a lifelong love of learning!
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mobile Grades: PK-8 | 507 students
6300 Mckenna Dr
Mobile, AL 36608
(251) 342-5474 0.3 PK-8
- Mobile Grades: PK-K | 130 students
7501 Airport Blvd
Mobile, AL 36608
(251) 639-6868 1.6 PK-K
- Mobile Grades: NS-8 | 196 students
1501 Knollwood Dr
Mobile, AL 36609
(251) 661-1987 2 NS-8
My three children attend Weinacker's at Hillcrest and we love this school. We hold dear to our hearts the concepts, ideas, philosophies, teachings, and thoughts of the Montessori ''way of life''. Weinacker's Montessori is a network of a five school system. Before enrolling with the school I read several works by Maria Montessori and on Montessori teaching and feel that Mr. Weinacker and his staff truly believe in these philosophies and teachings and strive to share the benefits of this enlightened way of learning with families, students, and staff
- Posted by Parent - aquae
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.