Weinackers Montessori School
Weinacker's Montessori School is a member of Montessori Educators of Alabama, the Alabama Association of Licensed Early Care and Education and Gulf Coast Child Development Association.
It was accredited through the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education in 1996.
In August of 1998 it was announced that Weinacker’s Montessori School would be a finalist in the first annual Alabama Quality Award for Excellence in Education.
We are committed to continually improving the quality of our programs.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Enrollment: 88 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- 1. We understand that children learn best through the use of their five senses. Materials are specially designed to develop and refine the five senses. Children can touch, see, hear, smell and even taste what they are learning about.
- 2. We learn about real things in our classroom. Practical Life activities help children gain independence and learn organizational skills while developing their coordination and concentration. Children prepare for and experience life!
- 3. Children have freedom to move and explore, learning through hands-on experience. Our classrooms are organized to create a calm, engaging environment.
- 4. Lessons are presented in a specific order We allow children to choose their own work, respecting that they know what they are most ready to learn and experience (Montessori’s Sensitive Periods for learning).
- 5. Learning is individualized, with each child working at his/her own pace. We allow children to choose their own work, respecting that they know what they are most ready to learn and experience (Montessori’s Sensitive Periods for learning).
- 6. We use an integrated language approach in our classrooms. Reading and Writing are taught initially through Montessori’s phonetic approach, and are then used in all aspects of the classroom environment.
- 7. We offer a positive, hands-on learning experience. Materials are designed so that children can experience success without failure. The goal is a well-adjusted child who has a genuine love of learning!
- 8. Children learn from experienced and well-trained teachers. The teacher’s role in the infant/toddler environment is to help foster the child’s independence while allowing him to explore and learn.
- 9. Infant/Toddler classrooms are attractive and inviting. The teacher’s role in the infant/toddler environment is to help foster the child’s independence while allowing him to explore and learn.
- 10. School is fun! Children Learn while playing and play while learning. And Music and Art are part of the Montessori curriculum. All of which helps Children develop a lifelong love of learning!
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Weinackers Montessori School?
The application deadline for Weinackers Montessori School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
My three children attend Weinacker's at Hillcrest and we love this school. We hold dear to our hearts the concepts, ideas, philosophies, teachings, and thoughts of the Montessori ''way of life''. Weinacker's Montessori is a network of a five school system. Before enrolling with the school I read several works by Maria Montessori and on Montessori teaching and feel that Mr. Weinacker and his staff truly believe in these philosophies and teachings and strive to share the benefits of this enlightened way of learning with families, students, and staff
Endorse Weinackers Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
What Is Praxis?
Praxis is part of the teacher licensing process many states require.
September 30, 2022Student Health Records: Vaccinations
Most parents have questions about vaccinations. We look at the big picture and offer some sources for you to do your own research.