Windham Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Windham Christian Academy exists to provide, with God's help, a uniquely Christian education.
- We seek to build upon godly values which have been established in the home and have centered our educational standard upon the infallibility of the Bible and its truth, as it is integrated into every area of our school program.
- It is our desire to offer the best learning enviornment possible for our young people and we know that you want the same for yours.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 11%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition: $2200 for PreKindergarten (3 half days a week), $4600 for Elementary School, $4800 for Middle and High School Students. Payment plans and Tuition Aid available. (updated 7/2016)|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- Windham Christian Academy exists to provide, with God's help, a uniquely Christian education. We seek to build upon godly values which have been established in the home and have centered our educational standard upon the infallibility of the Bible and its truth, as it is integrated into every area of our school program. It is our desire to offer the best learning enviornment possible for our young people and we know that you want the same for yours.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houlton Grades: PK-12 | 117 students
27 School St
Houlton, ME 04730
(207)532-0736 202.2 PK-12
- South Berwick Grades: K-12 | 176 students
336 Main Street
South Berwick, ME 03908
(207)384-5759 46.4 K-12
- New York Grades: NS-12 | 882 students
20 W End Ave
New York, NY 10023
(212)246-7717 279.3 NS-12
My children were in public school last year and struggling with their own individual issues. Since September they have blossomed in so many ways and I give credit to the love the teachers have for each and every student in the school. They treat the children as individuals by working with them to build on their strengths and helping them overcome obstacles. My children are starting to show an interest in musical instruments now. My son proudly shows off his ability to play songs on the recorder he received at the beginning of the school year and my daughter is showing interest in playing a keyboard and guitar. The music teacher obviously loves her part in teaching because her students do an awesome job at the school concerts. The artwork that I''ve seen displayed is beautiful and I''ve seen progress in my own children's work since the beginning of the school year. I''m also amazed at how far my children have come during the year in their academics. My daughter struggled with writing legibly and now has beautiful penmanship! She cares about how well she does on her work now. They have accommodated both of my children with small changes to help them be able to do their best work. They are learning to value each other by talking out their differences. The older children are often seen helping out the younger ones or allowing them to participate in what they are playing at recess. I''ve witnessed the caring attitude of the upper classmates when they have had to share the gym with the younger kids during an inside recess-they shared the basketballs and all lined up to take shots together. The older kids were waiting patiently for the younger ones as though they belonged and cheering them on as they took their shots. The few times my children have come home unhappy about a situation they were facing at school was discussed and the problem was handled with love by the teachers and (a couple of times for my son) the principal. We are so grateful that our children attend this school. They care about so much more than just the academics.
- Posted by Parent - tajon
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.