Greater Portland Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- GPCS is committed to a God-centered, biblically-based education. Greater Portland Christian School provides a distinctively Christian education which complements the home and church, brings Biblical perspective to every subject, and helps parents prepare their children for a God-glorifying life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 11%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houlton Grades: PK-12 | 117 students
27 School St
Houlton, ME 04730
(207)532-0736 209.9 PK-12
- South Berwick Grades: K-12 | 176 students
336 Main Street
South Berwick, ME 03908
(207)384-5759 37.8 K-12
Went to GPCS from K-12 grade and could not be more thankful for my parents choice to send me to this school. So grateful to have had a Christian education and have had the opportunities GPCS granted me. Some of my closest lifelong friends I had the privilege of growing up with at this school. Teachers care. They get paid less than if they were to work at public school but almost everyone of them goes above and beyond and will stay after school to help any student if they need it on there own time. Education here is so affordable comparatively and in my opinion the best you can find anywhere in Maine.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Lydia
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.