Winwood Children's Center
- Winwood offers the kind of positive emotional support that builds self-esteem and helps assure success.
- Some of the most significant learning that takes place here is what children discover about themselves.
- Self awareness that can last a lifetime. Winwood Children's Center's objective is to offer high quality child care throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
- The centers cater to the full time needs of children aged six weeks to pre-kindergarten, plus a before and after school age program and summer enrichment camps for children ages 5-10.
- Winwood Children's Center offers exceptional service at a reasonable cost, even though it may be somewhat higher than competing centers.
- Children deserve the best and parents deserve peace-of-mind! They are trusting their child each day, believing they have selected the "next best thing to being home".
- Although we might not be able to meet the needs of every parent, we believe by partnering with our parents we can accomplish mutual goals for their children.
- We promise to give our best every day to meet the needs of each child at a Winwood Children's Center as well as support and provide rewarding opportunities for children and their families in the community.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.