Wooden Shoe Nursery School
Tel: (516) 285-6672
- Our programs focus on continuing the development of the skills they have acquired as toddlers.
- The curriculum includes more challenges for the three's and four's.
- The teachers use a theme based whole language program that provides numerous experiences to enhance the learning centers in each classroom.
- Children learn by interacting with each other and using the materials in various areas.
- Social interaction and autonomy is encouraged while important concepts are learned through hands on experiences.
- Our overall educational objective is to provide a positive self concept through success oriented program activities.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Valley Stream Grades: K-9 | 235 students
50 Rose Ave
Valley Stream, NY 11580
(516) 825-7334 0.6 K-9
- Cambria Heights Grades: PK-8 | 322 students
23310 Linden Blvd
Cambria Heights, NY 11411
(718) 341-1991 0.9 PK-8
- Elmont Grades: PK-K | 31 students
500 Meacham Ave
Elmont, NY 11003
(516) 328-8582 1.7 PK-K
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.