The entire Staff of the Yakima KinderCare Learning is devoted to each and every family we serve.
Our long term, well-educated and thoroughly trained teachers are dedicated to the educational well-being of every child in our care.
We are determined to advance the children’s Executive Functioning by introducing them to the details of the environment and atmosphere in which they live.
We want them to question the world around them and to grow in their knowledge.
We want to promote their Social and Emotional growth by encouraging them to participate in life and learn to respect themselves and others.
Cognitive Development begins at the beginning of life itself. The minds of our young children are so open to learning that we must instill in them the Desire to absorb every atom of knowledge that can be placed within their path.
We are a center that believes children will thrive in life when Language and Literacy are introduced at infancy.
As educators we believe the reading of books, the singing of songs and long talks of love should be happening while a child is still in the womb.
From age six weeks when a child is old enough to start attending our center, we will continue this legacy of literacy, which you began, throughout our portion of your child’s day.
Last but certainly not least is the Physical Development and Wellness that your child deserves.
We serve age appropriate servings and nutritional meals. Children are encouraged but never forced to try new foods.
We offer appropriate daily outside play using fun games of active and quiet movement that strengthen young muscles and promote the growth of sturdy bones and strong bodies.
The small motor skills and eye/hand coordination are stimulated in a variety of ways in order to support grasping, writing, typing and cutting skills.
These are the foundations of the curriculum we offer as we strive daily to inspire the deep seated desire to want to learn.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to Yakima KinderCare family! Every employee at the Yakima KinderCare works hard to create a welcoming environment where we maintain an open-door policy, and invite parents into the classroom to participate in activities like reading to the class. We schedule monthly events so every family has an opportunity to participate with a goal of developing strong relationships. Each day is rewarding for our staff members. They feel honored to be a part of each child's development and to help mold their educational foundation. Our teachers feel inspired to further develop as an educator outside of the classroom through continued training and education. Once families see what Yakima KinderCare has to offer, they will see that the center is one of the best for early childhood education. You are invited to schedule a tour to see our center firsthand. Call us today to schedule your visit!
- We value health and safety at our center which is why we have the following features: A keypad entry to the building, fenced playground and all of our staff are CPR and First Aid certified.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:00 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Enrollment: Min Age - 6 Weeks, Max Age - 12 Years
- DSHS (Full-time ONLY)
- Infant Programs (6 Weeks – 1 Year), Toddler Programs (1 – 2 Years), Discovery Preschool Programs (2 – 3 Years), Preschool Programs (3 – 4 Years), Prekindergarten Programs (4 – 5 Years), Before and After School Programs (5–12 Years), Summer Programs (preschool, prekindergarten, and school-age)
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Yakima KinderCare?
The application deadline for Yakima KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Yakima KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.