Yakima Adventist Christian School
- At Yakima Adventist Christian School (YACS), our misssion is to enable our students to develop a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We encourage an environment where students feel safe to grow spiritually, academically, emotionally, socially, and physically in order to be equipped with the skills for life and eternity.
- Established in 1903, YACS has gone from a one-room country school house to a modern high-tech facility, preparing students for the 21st century.
- Yet one thing has not changed, God is the center of this school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
State or regional independent school association
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Total Students||116 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Jeans and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- A loving Christian atmosphere.
- A positive and fun approach to learning
- A safe, well-organized program so students can grow academically, physically, socially, and spiritually.
- A nurturing environment where independence and responsibility are developed, while growing closer to Jesus.
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.