Riverside Christian School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (509) 965-2602
- Riverside Christian is a dynamic private school serving the Yakima Valley representing over 60 churches.
- With grades from preschool to graduation, Riverside has to the foundation for students to be ROOTED IN CHRIST and READY FOR TOMORROW!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||417 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, American History, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, English|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Think you can't afford a private school? Think Again. Riverside proudly offers Variable Tuition.|
|Admissions Director||Tricia Gilmore|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Riverside Christian School began in 1973 as a ministry of West Side Baptist Church under the leadership of Rev. Hal Campbell.
- Its original name was West Side Christian School.
- The school enrolled 35 students in its first year and has since grown to an enrollment of over 360.
- Because of the broad base of interest and projected future expansion, RCS has become an independent corporation, true to its heritage and committed to serving the whole Christian community.
- In the spring of 2007, RCS became fully accredited with the Association of Christian Schools International.
- While much has changed since those humble beginnings, the overall mission of the school has remained the same to assist parents in the education and training of their children, emphasizing spiritual growth and academic excellence.
- At Riverside Christian School, we believe we can make a difference as we partner with parents in the educating and training of their children.
- Riverside is a community where an excellent faculty and staff have committed their lives to educating each young person to reach their greatest potential.
- People that viewed Riverside Christian School also viewed these schools: Yakima Adventist Christian School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Yakima Grades: PK-10 | 116 students
1200 City Reservoir Rd
Yakima, WA 98908
(509) 966-1933 5.9 PK-10
Riverside Christian School is the only school for us! Our 8th Grader has been there since Pre-K. We love the mentoring & discipleship that occurs because RCS is PreSchool-12th Grade. The connection between the High School & the Elementary kids is amazing and heart-warming. Our athletes, cheer-leaders, student government & TA's in the classrooms are daily role models for the younger students. And they do set a great example! We love that RCS is a distinctly Christian School representing over 60 different churches in the Yakima Valley. We LOVE that the daily investment by the teachers, staff & coaches of RCS will impact our student for an eternity!
- Posted by Parent - Paula
I have 5 children, 2 have graduated from RCS and my youngest is in 5th grade. I would not send them anywhere else. The mission to "develop students both academically and spiritually to serve the Lord Jesus Christ through their character and leadership" is evident throughout. From the biblical curriculum to the beautiful campus I find this institution outstanding. From the teachers and administration to the coaches and the families I see love in action. The students leading worship, the older grades discipling younger kids, and the mission activities encourage me. The success student have going on to college and the memories they make have convinced me the value is exceptional. Feel free to email I can answer any questions (email@example.com).
- Posted by Parent - 8vick
Riverside Christian School is not just a school, but a family. My wife and I came to truly know what this school is about before we had children, and quickly fell in love with them. Now, our two boys (grade 4 and 7) have been attending since Pre-K. This place is such a blessing to our family and our friends. Our boys are being educated at a much higher level, and this is enhanced by the use of scripture. Not only are they in an environment that is conducive to learning in a Godly way, but their scholastic testing results far exceed all national standards.
- Posted by Parent - smyer
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.