Yeshiva Ohr Elchonon Chabad - West Coast
- The original goal of Mesivta Beth Medrosh Elyon – West Coast Talmudical Seminary was to provide facilities for intensive Torah education as well as Orthodox rabbinical training on the West Coast for which purpose it conducts a graduate Talmudical division on a college level.
- With the transformation into Yeshiva Ohr Elchonon Chabad, this goal remains intact.
- In addition to molding students into conscientious Torah observing Jews and Torah scholars, the Yeshiva, in line with Chabad philosophy, also has the goal of concerning itself with serving the spiritual needs of world Jewry, supplying even the most remote communities with their needs for religious functionaries and communal workers, and bringing the entire Jewish world the warmth of Chassidism.
- Yeshiva students and graduates, as the scholarly elite of the community, are particularly well equipped and motivated to bring their superior knowledge, commitment, and enthusiasm to others less privileged.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 846 students
555 N La Brea Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323)549-3182 0.3 PK-8
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-K | 34 students
1030 N Vista St
Los Angeles, CA 90046
(310)748-1656 0.4 NS-K
- Los Angeles Grades: 9-12 | 301 students
7353 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323)938-3231 0.7 9-12
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-6 | 302 students
1233 North McCaddden Place
Los Angeles, CA 90038
(323)465-1320 0.7 PK-6
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.