Yeshiva Ohr Elchonon Chabad - West Coast
- The original goal of Mesivta Beth Medrosh Elyon – West Coast Talmudical Seminary was to provide facilities for intensive Torah education as well as Orthodox rabbinical training on the West Coast for which purpose it conducts a graduate Talmudical division on a college level.
- With the transformation into Yeshiva Ohr Elchonon Chabad, this goal remains intact.
- In addition to molding students into conscientious Torah observing Jews and Torah scholars, the Yeshiva, in line with Chabad philosophy, also has the goal of concerning itself with serving the spiritual needs of world Jewry, supplying even the most remote communities with their needs for religious functionaries and communal workers, and bringing the entire Jewish world the warmth of Chassidism.
- Yeshiva students and graduates, as the scholarly elite of the community, are particularly well equipped and motivated to bring their superior knowledge, commitment, and enthusiasm to others less privileged.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||129 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 846 students
555 N La Brea Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323)549-3182 0.3 PK-8
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 37 students
1030 N Vista St
Los Angeles, CA 90046
(310)748-1656 0.4 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: 9-12 | 313 students
7353 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323)938-3231 0.7 9-12
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-6 | 316 students
1233 N. Mccadden
Los Angeles, CA 90038
(323)465-1320 0.7 PK-6
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.