Yew Chung International School of Silicon Valley
- YCIS Silicon Valley brings east and west together in a unique dual language, multicultural education in which children grow as confident, compassionate and well-rounded global citizens prepared for the challenges of the 21st century.
- With an emphasis on nurturing the whole child, and promoting fluency in both English and Mandarin, a balanced curriculum and caring, dedicated teachers foster children`s personal, social and academic growth. Students thrive in a school community that embraces diversity and welcomes parents as active partners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||varies by program|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
- YCIS is a global leader in bilingual international education
- Founded in 1932 in Hong Kong, YCIS schools serve over 7,000 students in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Qingdao, Chongqing and Silicon Valley, USA.
- YCIS Silicon Valley opened as a non-profit school in Mountain View in 2002.
- Our Preschool offers a bilingual inquiry-based learning approach which fosters children's interests and their natural curiosity, wonder and exploration.
- Our Elementary and Middle School Programs (K-8) emphasize both English and Chinese languages as well as Eastern and Western cultures so that students have an understanding and appreciation of these two important world languages and cultures of the 21st century.
- We nurture in each student an open outlook in life, respect for cultural diversity and the beliefs and values of all people, and a sense of commitment and social responsibility.
- YCIS Silicon Valley`s well-rounded academic program offers students opportunities to find their passions and explore their interests within the context of a challenging curriculum and a safe, nurturing learning environment that meets the development needs of young children.
- Courses offered in Grades K-8 include violin, music, art, physical education and character education along with core subjects: Chinese Studies, English Language Arts, Science, Math and Social Studies.
- We believe that learning should be joyful, active and meaningful. Students embark on a journey to grow their sense of identity, build strong foundations of skills they will need throughout life, and learn how to be caring and compassionate citizens.
- Students have many opportunities to gain confidence in presenting and performing.
- A dynamic Parent Organization ensures parents are active partners in their children's education.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mountain View Grades: 9-12 | 158 students
360 S Shoreline Blvd
Mountain View, CA 94041
(650)967-2324 0.5 9-12
- Mountain View Grades: K | 15 students
1075 El Monte Ave
Mountain View, CA 94040
(650)969-2696 0.7 K
- Mountain View Grades: K-6 | 92 students
1425 S Springer Rd
Mountain View, CA 94040
(650)938-8543 0.7 K-6