Yew Chung International School of Silicon Valley
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 260 students
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 31 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- YCIS is a global leader in bilingual international education
- Founded in 1932 in Hong Kong, YCIS schools serve over 7,000 students in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Qingdao, Chongqing and Silicon Valley, USA.
- YCIS Silicon Valley opened as a non-profit school in Mountain View in 2002.
- Our Preschool offers a bilingual inquiry-based learning approach which fosters children's interests and their natural curiosity, wonder and exploration.
- Our Elementary and Middle School Programs (K-8) emphasize both English and Chinese languages as well as Eastern and Western cultures so that students have an understanding and appreciation of these two important world languages and cultures of the 21st century.
- We nurture in each student an open outlook in life, respect for cultural diversity and the beliefs and values of all people, and a sense of commitment and social responsibility.
- YCIS Silicon Valley`s well-rounded academic program offers students opportunities to find their passions and explore their interests within the context of a challenging curriculum and a safe, nurturing learning environment that meets the development needs of young children.
- Courses offered in Grades K-8 include violin, music, art, physical education and character education along with core subjects: Chinese Studies, English Language Arts, Science, Math and Social Studies.
- We believe that learning should be joyful, active and meaningful. Students embark on a journey to grow their sense of identity, build strong foundations of skills they will need throughout life, and learn how to be caring and compassionate citizens.
- Students have many opportunities to gain confidence in presenting and performing.
- A dynamic Parent Organization ensures parents are active partners in their children's education.
Endorse Yew Chung International School of Silicon Valley. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards