Zion Lutheran School
Zion Lutheran School serves 23 students in grades 1-8,. The student:teacher of Zion Lutheran School is 12:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
- Top Ranked MO School
- Grades: 1-8
- Students: 23 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- When Zion Lutheran Church was founded in 1896, one of the main focuses of the congregation was Christian Education. Land was purchased for the school and in August 1897, the school opened its doors as a one room schoolhouse. From that point on, grades 1-8 were taught in the one classroom. In the 1960`s, a second classroom was added along with bathrooms. For many local families, Zion is part of their family history with several generations attending the school. Typically, there are between 20-40 students enrolled per year. Students are taught in a multi-grade classroom using the abeka curriculum. Grades one through four are taught in one room and five through eight in another. The teacher will go through one subject with each grade level, then move on to the subject and do the rotation again. The kids are taught independence and learn to work well on their own. Often the older students help the younger ones if they complete their homework early. With a small school the kids become close knit and like family. Since class sizes are small students can get more one on one time with the teacher. The primary goal of Zion Lutheran School is to share the caring Christ. Based on God's Word, the school share God's love shown through His Son Jesus and His Salvation and forgiveness. The children grow in their faith through God's Word and learn to live it out every day. This is what is taught in the religion courses by the teachers and in the weekly chapel services. Pastor teaches religion and confirmation to the seventh and eighth graders at the school. From its beginning, Zion has emphasized the importance of the Christian Day School. A thorough religious training of children is considered vital. Students also have various other field trips and activities throughout the school year. Curriculum : https://www.abeka.com/christianschool/whyabeka/
Profile last updated:
Endorse Zion Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.