A Childs Hideaway
A Child's Hideaway is a private child care center first established in September of 1980.
We at A Child's Hideaway are committed to "learning for a lifetime", by promoting and fostering the intellectual, social and physical growth of each child in our care. Self esteem and awareness of others is an essential part of development for children and we at A Child's Hideaway develop this through teacher guided activities that ensure all children's development is supported and enriched.
At A Child's Hideaway we believe an effective pre-school program recognizes and assesses each child's knowledge, developmental levels, and skills.
We continue to develop and build on child's existing informal education, recognizing that children enter pre-school with different experiences.
These activities are particularly important for children who come to school with relatively little exposure to any type of pre-school program.
Integrated curriculum, which is used at A Child's Hideaway, is effective with pre-school children because it makes use of their strengths as learners.
It offers them interesting and meaningful projects they can explore fully with their hands, bodies, minds, and senses.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Enrollment: 57 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild Learning Differences
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 49%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Full-time Childcare: $288 a week Enrichment Program: $588 a month Academic Jr-K Program: $608 a month
Summer Program Cost Notes
Session 1 - Survivor Challenges: $295 Session 2 - Math Our Way: $295 Session 3 - Little Cooks: $295 Session 4 - Science & Tech.: $295 Session 5 - Carnival: $148*Discounts available with daycare enrollment.
Susan Cole & Terry Alejo
- A Child's Hideaway is a private child care center first established in September of 1980. Owner/Director, Brenda North, designed and built the Grimmer Blvd. facility, on property formerly used as a breeding farm for registered quarter horses, operated by her grandparents Alvin and Elsie Eaton.
- In March of 1985, A Child's Hideaway expanded by opening a second facility in the Centerville area of Fremont, which included a Jr-K program as well as full and part-time child care services. In 2017 after providing over 30 years of quality child care programs, the decision was made to sell that facility.
- We at A Child's Hideaway are committed to "learning for a lifetime", by promoting and fostering the intellectual, social and physical growth of each child in our care.
- Self-esteem and awareness of others is an essential part of development for children and we at A Child's Hideaway develop this through teacher guided activities that ensure all children's development is supported and enriched.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for A Childs Hideaway?
The application deadline for A Childs Hideaway is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse A Childs Hideaway. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
What Is Praxis?
Praxis is part of the teacher licensing process many states require.
September 30, 2022Student Health Records: Vaccinations
Most parents have questions about vaccinations. We look at the big picture and offer some sources for you to do your own research.