A Childs Hideaway
A Child's Hideaway is a private child care center first established in September of 1980.
We at A Child's Hideaway are committed to "learning for a lifetime", by promoting and fostering the intellectual, social and physical growth of each child in our care. Self esteem and awareness of others is an essential part of development for children and we at A Child's Hideaway develop this through teacher guided activities that ensure all children's development is supported and enriched.
At A Child's Hideaway we believe an effective pre-school program recognizes and assesses each child's knowledge, developmental levels, and skills.
We continue to develop and build on child's existing informal education, recognizing that children enter pre-school with different experiences.
These activities are particularly important for children who come to school with relatively little exposure to any type of pre-school program.
Integrated curriculum, which is used at A Child's Hideaway, is effective with pre-school children because it makes use of their strengths as learners.
It offers them interesting and meaningful projects they can explore fully with their hands, bodies, minds, and senses.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Students: 57 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild Learning Differences
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost Notes
Session 1 - Survivor Challenges: $295 Session 2 - Math Our Way: $295 Session 3 - Little Cooks: $295 Session 4 - Science & Tech.: $295 Session 5 - Carnival: $148*Discounts available with daycare enrollment.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Full-time Childcare: $288 a week Enrichment Program: $588 a month Academic Jr-K Program: $608 a month
Susan Cole & Terry Alejo
- A Child's Hideaway is a private child care center first established in September of 1980. Owner/Director, Brenda North, designed and built the Grimmer Blvd. facility, on property formerly used as a breeding farm for registered quarter horses, operated by her grandparents Alvin and Elsie Eaton.
- In March of 1985, A Child's Hideaway expanded by opening a second facility in the Centerville area of Fremont, which included a Jr-K program as well as full and part-time child care services. In 2017 after providing over 30 years of quality child care programs, the decision was made to sell that facility.
- We at A Child's Hideaway are committed to "learning for a lifetime", by promoting and fostering the intellectual, social and physical growth of each child in our care.
- Self-esteem and awareness of others is an essential part of development for children and we at A Child's Hideaway develop this through teacher guided activities that ensure all children's development is supported and enriched.
Profile last updated: 08/18/2021
Endorse A Childs Hideaway. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?