A Childs Hideaway
- A Child's Hideaway is a private child care center first established in September of 1980.
- We at A Child's Hideaway are committed to "learning for a lifetime", by promoting and fostering the intellectual, social and physical growth of each child in our care. Self esteem and awareness of others is an essential part of development for children and we at A Child's Hideaway develop this through teacher guided activities that ensure all children's development is supported and enriched.
- At A Child's Hideaway we believe an effective pre-school program recognizes and assesses each child's knowledge, developmental levels, and skills.
- We continue to develop and build on child's existing informal education, recognizing that children enter pre-school with different experiences.
- These activities are particularly important for children who come to school with relatively little exposure to any type of pre-school program.
- Integrated curriculum, which is used at A Child's Hideaway, is effective with pre-school children because it makes use of their strengths as learners.
- It offers them interesting and meaningful projects they can explore fully with their hands, bodies, minds, and senses.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Session 1 - Survivor Challenges: $295 Session 2 - Math Our Way: $295 Session 3 - Little Cooks: $295 Session 4 - Science & Tech.: $295 Session 5 - Carnival: $148*Discounts available with daycare enrollment.|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Full-time Childcare: $288 a week Enrichment Program: $588 a month Academic Jr-K Program: $608 a month|
|Admissions Director||Susan Cole & Terry Alejo|
- A Child's Hideaway is a private child care center first established in September of 1980. Owner/Director, Brenda North, designed and built the Grimmer Blvd. facility, on property formerly used as a breeding farm for registered quarter horses, operated by her grandparents Alvin and Elsie Eaton.
- In March of 1985, A Child's Hideaway expanded by opening a second facility in the Centerville area of Fremont, which included a Jr-K program as well as full and part-time child care services. In 2017 after providing over 30 years of quality child care programs, the decision was made to sell that facility.
- We at A Child's Hideaway are committed to "learning for a lifetime", by promoting and fostering the intellectual, social and physical growth of each child in our care.
- Self-esteem and awareness of others is an essential part of development for children and we at A Child's Hideaway develop this through teacher guided activities that ensure all children's development is supported and enriched.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hayward Grades: PK | 10 students
225 W Winton Ave Ste 116
Hayward, CA 94544
(510)909-7469 14 PK
- Hayward Grades: PK-8 | 365 students
21250 Hesperian Blvd
Hayward, CA 94541
(510)783-3177 15 PK-8
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?