- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 119 students
- Acceptance rate: 99%
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- New Horizons School (NHS) is a private, non-religious, elementary school, which I started in June 1988 with six students. We now have over 200 junior kindergarten through eighth grade students during the regular school year and a staff of 25. NHS is the only school in the tri-city area of Fremont, Union City and Newark that provides the combination of an excellent academic program, extended daycare for working parents, and teaching of emotional balance. We use a unique educational system called Workshop Way, which recognizes learning differences among everyone and uses multiple teaching styles in teaching children. Reading and math lessons are individualized. Phonics, critical thinking and emotional balance are incorporated into the curriculum. We assisted in the writing of a book on the subject of emotional intelligence and balance, called "Teaching Children to Love", written and published by the Institute of HeartMath. The book, featuring our students, has been on the national talk show circuit and has attracted the attention of local and national media.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of New Horizons School?
When is the application deadline for New Horizons School?
Endorse New Horizons School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards