Academe Of The Oaks
5.00 (2 reviews)
In March 2016, Academe of the Oaks became only the second school in the State of Georgia to be awarded a Green School certification.
- Academe of the Oaks develops a different type of student: one who is resourceful and able to think beyond facts, developing his or her own informed opinions and perspectives.
- An Academe education is the difference between memorization and thoughtful consideration.
- Rather than focusing on standardized tests or textbooks, we emphasize active involvement, creative thinking, and the exciting process of intellectual discovery
- Academe of the Oaks is the only Waldorf high school in the state of Georgia
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 18 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,500|
|Admissions Director||Eva Handschin|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Golf,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Amnesty International, Bee Keeping Lab, Community Service Club, Debate, Fencing Club, Film Club, German Club, Global Nomads, Green Club, Hope Education Project, International Club, Literary Magazine, Model UN, Venturing Crew, Yearbook Staff, Young Physician Initiative
Arts and Music Programs:
- Academe of the Oaks develops a different type of student: one who is resourceful and able to think beyond facts, developing his or her own informed opinions and perspectives. An Academe education is the difference between memorization and thoughtful consideration.
- All Academe students explore every aspect of our Waldorf curriculum-math and science, literature and history, social sciences and the arts. We believe that high school is not the time to specialize, but to open minds and hearts to the world.
- Classes at Academe are small enough for our teachers to know each student as an individual, and students are encouraged to find strength in independence.
- We believe the arts deepen academics and strengthen skills of observation, engineering, and imagination. All our students participate in music, drama, and the fine arts, regardless of skill level.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Decatur Grades: K-12 | 240 students
3250 Rainbow Dr
Decatur, GA 30034
(404)486-6737 4.5 K-12
- Atlanta Grades: PK-12 | 987 students
1509 S Ponce De Leon Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
(404)377-3491 3 PK-12
- Stone Mountain Grades: K-12 | 24 students
5587 Redan Rd
Stone Mountain, GA 30088
(770)469-3056 6.9 K-12
- Lilburn Grades: K-12 | 701 students
4575 Lawrenceville Hwy
Lilburn, GA 30047
(770)279-7200 12.4 K-12
- Atlanta Grades: 4-12 | 39 students
1900 Dekalb Ave Ne
Atlanta, GA 30307
(404)378-2219 2.4 4-12
Academe offers a unique approach to high school which includes a fresh approach to teaching that prepares students for future academic work. Students receive more individualized attention than is available at more traditional, larger schools. Academe is situated on a beautifully landscaped campus that include flower, vegetable, and woodland gardens.
- Posted by Administrator - janic
Excellent school-- warm, supportive atmosphere, lots of enriching challenges for the students. High quality of teacher instruction, parental involvement, and administrative leadership.
- Posted by Parent - allto
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.