Threshold Community Program (formerly The Community School)
Threshold Community Program (formerly The Community School) ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Threshold Community Program is designed for students in junior high and high school (ages 12-18 years old), as well as young adults in transition, who have had difficulty keeping pace in traditional academic settings, and who need more emphasis on social-emotional development, communication and relationship skills, and contextual, experiential learning.
- This program offers a nurturing and highly interactive learning environment built around experiences of strong personal interest.
- We are accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission, enabling students who are ready to work towards a high school diploma to do so.
- Students' profiles may include a diagnosis of an autistic spectrum disorder, including Asperger Syndrome and PDD, or nonverbal learning disability.
- Many students struggle with managing their feelings frustration, anger, anxiety, obsessive thinking) and with having successful relationships.
- They may have become depressed and despondent in other schools and feel an overwhelming sense of hopelessness and withdrawal when they first join us.
- Threshold Community Program also supports young adults in transition, providing job and/or college support, social development, and a place in a social community.
Endorse Threshold Community Program (formerly The Community School). Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards