Threshold Community Program (formerly The Community School)
Threshold Community Program (formerly The Community School) ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Threshold Community Program is designed for students in junior high and high school, as well as young adults in transition, who have had difficulty keeping pace in traditional academic settings, and who need more emphasis on social-emotional development, communication and relationship skills, and contextual, experiential learning.
- This program offers a nurturing and highly interactive learning environment built around experiences of strong personal interest.
- We are accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission, enabling students who are ready to work towards a high school diploma to do so.
- Students' profiles may include a diagnosis of an autistic spectrum disorder, including Asperger Syndrome and PDD, or nonverbal learning disability.
- Many students struggle with managing their feelings frustration, anger, anxiety, obsessive thinking) and with having successful relationships.
- They may have become depressed and despondent in other schools and feel an overwhelming sense of hopelessness and withdrawal when they first join us.
- Threshold Community Program also supports young adults in transition, providing job and/or college support, social development, and a place in a social community.
Endorse Threshold Community Program (formerly The Community School). Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards