The Hirsch Academy
- The Hirsch Academy is dedicated to providing a nurturing educational environment that supports each child's strengths and capacity to understand themselves and others.
- We promote intellectual, social and emotional growth through a variety of contexts and experiences emphasizing self-empowerment, connections and independence.
- We want our students to love learning, to be problem solvers and to embrace challenges.
- Teachers and staff are hightly trained in developmental approaches that include social and emotional support, sensory integration, speech and language development, visual spatial thinking and occupational therapy approaches.
- The Hirsch Academy serves children ages 4- 14 who thrive in an aducational environment that supports their developmental, sensory and cognitive differences.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, ADHD, Sensory Processing|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our approach to education is rooted in the DIR/Floortime model. This approach is a comprehensive framework for understanding and supporting children on their unique developmental path. It focuses on helping children master the building blocks of relating, communicating and thinking, which provide the foundation for learning and critical thinking. Our students thrive with an individualized, affinity-based curriculum - a curriculum that serves each child according to their individual curiousities and developmental capacities. Students are encouraged to explore their world through a sense of wonder and discovery. They work together and individually with the staff to meaningfully understand academic content involving reading, writing, math, social studies and science. At Hirsch, children are encouraged to become problem solvers, to embrace challenges and to learn through shared experiences. We are committed to the philosophy that when children work together, celebrating where they are in the moment and discovering with one another, they have the greatest potential to become lifelong learners about themselves and the world around them.
- People that viewed The Hirsch Academy also viewed these schools: The Howard School, Special Needs School Of Gwinnett, Jacob's Ladder, Porter Academy and Threshold Community Program (formerly The Community School).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 287 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404)377-7436 6.4 K-12
- Decatur Grades: 7-12 | 26 students
308 Clairemont Avenue
Decatur, GA 30030
(404)308-8548 0.9 7-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.