The Friends School Of Atlanta
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The Friends School of Atlanta, preschool (PreK3) through 8th grade, offers challenging academics in a diverse environment, drawing on the Quaker testimonies, or values, of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, equality and stewardship to empower our students to go out into the world with conscience, conviction and compassion.
- Our teachers are experienced in working with learning differences and are assisted by two learning specialists.
- Classes are small to better serve the needs of the individual student.
- Project-based learning, service learning, and peer learning across classes are integral to the culture and curriculum offered at The Friends School of Atlanta.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
State or regional independent school association
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||170 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School-wide dress code: Avoid slogans and characters on clothing that might be offensive, divisive or violent. Middle school has additional requirements.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 21 / rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Ultimate Frisbee,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Basketball, Critter Club, Girls STEAM Squad, Golf
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Studio, Drama Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Indoor Hockey, Lego Robotics, Soccer, Theatre Clu
- The Friends School of Atlanta, preschool (PreK3) through 8th grade, is a community of learners dedicated to nurturing the mind, body and spirit of students. Our mission is to provide challenging academics in a diverse environment, drawing on the Quaker testimonies, or values, of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, equality and stewardship to empower our students to go out into the world with conscience, conviction and compassion.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DecaturGrades: PK-8 | 234 students
827 Kirk Road
Decatur, GA 30030
- AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 987 students
1509 S Ponce De Leon Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
- DecaturGrades: NS-8
2998 Lavista Road
Decatur, GA 30033
- AtlantaGrades: NS-8 | 374 students
345 Tenth Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
- DecaturGrades: NS-K | 85 students
4164 Rainbow Drive
Decatur, GA 30034
Friends School is a haven of creativity, confidence, and academic growth. The school honors every student, making each feel part of the FSA family. The school offers a curriculum that keeps students challenged. Teachers bring such passion and interest to the subjects they teach. I see my son retaining much more information than he did at his previous school. Students not only learn through a strong academic curriculum, but they are also learning how to treat each other with respect and compassion. For a smaller school FSA has many activities to offer. As a parent involved in the arts, I am elated that music and art are part of his weekly learning. I truly appreciate the diversity. I am proud that my child attends the Friends School of Atlanta.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
I have two grandchildren who have been enrolled at The Friends School of Atlanta for several years. The amount of attention received from teachers and staff, who know them well, every day has helped them to grow academically and also has supported their development as persons who are caring and thoughtful of themselves and others.
- Posted by Parent - HappyGrandmom
My son graduated from Friends School of Atlanta in 2004 and went on to Paideia and NYU. He's a pretty decent human being, and for that I thank the teachers and staff at FSA for their commitment to providing top notch education in an atmosphere of diversity, fairness, and respect. I have been delighted to serve on the Board of Trustees since 2006 and in that time I have watched the school expand into its great facility on Columbia Drive while also expanding its mission and its community outreach. If you are looking for an independent school where your child will be honored as a member of a beloved community, look no further than Friends School of Atlanta.
- Posted by Parent - fmfat
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.