- At Academics Plus, We begin with an emphasis on the basics.
- Our pre k and kindergarten programs are centered on a strong phonics-based reading and spelling program and hands on math activities as these are the foundation for all future learning.
- Science, social studies and geography, creative writing, literature, and grammar compose our traditional course of study for first through fifth grade.
- A variety of special activities in foreign language, computer, art, drama, and various field trips enrich our academic program and make learning an exciting and enjoyable experience for your child.
- After all, the purpose of education is to instill a lifetime love of learning in each and every child.
- Academics plus offers a low student-teacher ratio which allows our challenging academic program to be coupled with daily individual attention.
- With two full-time teachers and a maximum of eighteen students in the class, this intimate setting is one of the best in the Augusta area and encourages a strong student-teacher relationship.
- This relationship is imperative to improving attitude and behavior and increasing learning.
- Each child is allowed to successfully advance at his or her own level; uninhibited by age or academic ceilings imposed by many public schools.
- Students at Academics Plus will be challenged by our comprehensive academic program and simultaneously encouraged to become independent and creative thinkers.
- Although rarely encouraged in other learning environments, these attributes are indispensable in a constantly changing world.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-4|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jeff Miles|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grovetown Grades: 6-12 | 30 students
213 South Old Belair Rd
Grovetown, GA 30813
(706)364-3565 1.2 6-12
- Augusta Grades: PK-2 | 79 students
3765 Old Petersburg Road
Augusta, GA 30907
(706)863-0273 2.4 PK-2
- Augusta Grades: PK-12 | 652 students
313 Baston Road
Augusta, GA 30907
(706)863-2905 3.2 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.