Adventist Christian School
5.00 (8 reviews)
Tel: (706) 414-2950
- Adventist Christian School strives to prepare students and families for eternal life with Christ.
- Established in 1934 by the Augusta First Seventh-day Adventist Church, the school teaches a curriculum which includes balanced focus on spiritual, academic, and physical growth. Certified teachers skillfully weave artistic and practical disciplines into everyday academics.
- Students learn to follow their curiosity, to think creatively, and to work both independently and cooperatively with others.
- At Adventist Christian School we celebrate diversity and strive to instill integrity, compassion and confidence in each child.
- We give each child support and encouragement to become his or her own unique self while growing in their journey with Christ.
- There is a desire to provide a safe enviroment through a small teacher/student ratio and a strong focus on conflict management
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Kahaki/Navy blue pants and polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$465|
|Tuition Notes||$465 per month. Scholarships are available up to 50% of tuition.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$232|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Pathfinders, Robotics and Programming
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Music Program
- Adventist education prepares students for a useful and joy-filled life, fostering friendship with God, whole-person development, Bible-based values, and selfless service in accordance with the Seventh-day Adventist mission to the world. We believe that each child is a unique individual who needs a secure, caring, and stimulating atmosphere in which to grow and mature, spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, physically, and socially. It is our desire as a educators to help students meet their fullest potential in these areas by providing an environment that is safe, supports risk-taking, and invites a sharing of ideas. There are four elements that we believe are conducive to establishing such an environment, (1) Teaching Bible base-values, (2) teachers acting as a guide, (3) allowing the child's natural curiosity to direct his/her learning, and (4) promoting respect for all things and all people.Our Curriculum includes : Bible, Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Handwriting (Cursive), Typing, Music, Drama, Field Trips, Community Service, Recreational times, After School Programs, and Physical Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Augusta Grades: PK-12 | 575 students
313 Baston Road
Augusta, GA 30907
(706) 863-2905 4 PK-12
- Augusta Grades: NS-12 | 392 students
1326 Broad Street
Augusta, GA 30901
(706) 828-6624 9 NS-12
- Augusta Grades: K-12 | 152 students
2819 Peach Orchard Rd
Augusta, GA 30906
(706) 793-2346 7.9 K-12
- Augusta Grades: PK-12 | 26 students
2230 Broad St
Augusta, GA 30904
(706) 736-6216 7.3 PK-12
Very nice facility. Caring Christian environment with excellent preparation for high school. Our 2 children are thriving in public school after Augusta Christian School.
- Posted by Parent - Happy parent
Great school. God centered. Small class sizes. Teachers go above and beyond. Great technology available. Very safe school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Kattie
Our son has been attending for a year and a half and we have been impressed with the one on one time the students get from their teachers. The atmosphere is a Godly, Christian environment and what we love most is that the children learn not only academics, but also about God and His love for us in giving us His son Jesus to save us.
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer S.
Great school! Awesome Principle and Mrs. Harper was a wonderful teacher! Some parents aren't so nice. Other than that, it was a good experience. I would 100% recommend this school!!
- Posted by Parent - Honestly
We are so thankful for Adventist Christian School. The teachers are amazing and genuinely care about each child. Highly recommend this school if you are looking for quality education in a safe and loving environment.
- Posted by Parent - Kimberly MacKenzie
I appreciate this school sp much. I know that my child will not only learn her academics, but will also be encouraged to make right moral and character building decisions. There's nothing like knowing your child is in an environment that will encourage her relationship with Christ rather than lead her away from it.
- Posted by Parent - Maria
Our three children have grown and thrived since attending Adventist Christian School. The academic standards are rigorous and inline with their peers attending school elsewhere. The specific attention and differentiated instruction given to each of my children in their areas of need and areas of strength is only possible because of the dedication of the teachers, their expertise, and the smaller class size. The Christian example the teachers give as well as the life lessons modeling Jesus` love are an integral part of each day and a highly valued reason to consider Adventist Christian School. I would recommend Adventist Christian School to anyone seeking an education for their child filled with practical applications of Christ`s love and rigorous academic standards.
- Posted by Parent - Cindy T
Caring staff with lots of personal attention for each student!
- Posted by Parent - Mom of two
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?