Augusta Christian Schools
Our students presented Bye Bye Birdie this past spring. They all had so much fun and it was fantastic!
- Augusta Christian Schools was founded on Christian values in 1958. The school offers a kindergarten, elementary, junior and senior high school, as well as the School of Talent Development for students with special learning needs.
- Augusta Christian School's purpose is to provide a sound academic education with a Christian world-view.
- Our mission is to prepare students to serve Jesus Christ as Lord, partnering with family and church, instilling high standards spiritually, academically, socially and physically.
- We offer technology in the classroom with laptops for all 6th-12th grade students, a Medical Health Sciences Academy, classes for students with learning disabilities, an outstanding fine arts program, full athletic program, mission trips, service projects, community service, weekly chapel services,
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD (all types), Cognitive and Processing Disorders, Specific Learning Disabilities, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, as well as high-functioning students on the Autism Spectrum.|
|Total Students||559 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP English Literature, AP Government, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP US History, AP World History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is varying from $1368 for preschool to $13,368 for specialized learning program|
|Admissions Director||Lauren Banks|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ACSI Spelling Bee, Beta Club, Community Service Projects, Cyber Patriot Team, Foreign Language Club, Math Olympics, Mission Trips, Quiz Bowl Team, Robotics, Student Council, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
ACSI Art Festival, After School Art Classes, After School Band, Choral Festivals, District Honors Chorus, Drama Club, One Act Play, Spring Musical
- Augusta Christian Schools was founded on Christian values in 1958. The school offers a kindergarten, elementary, junior and senior high school, as well as the School of Talent Development for students with special learning needs. Augusta Christian School's purpose is to provide a sound academic education with a Christian world-view. Our mission is to prepare students to serve Jesus Christ as Lord, partnering with family and church, instilling high standards spiritually, academically, socially and physically. Our vision building kingdom leaders to serve Jesus Chirst as Lord.
- The mission of the school is "preparing students to serve Jesus Christ as Lord, partnering with family and church, instilling high standards spiritually, academically, socially and physically."
- Augusta Christian Schools is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- We offer:
- An excellent academic program in which phonics is stressed in the primary grades
- Advanced Placement/Honors and dual enrollment courses for upper grades
- Medical Healthcare Sciences Academy
- Textbooks which fulfill high academic expectations and Christian philosophy
- Classes for students with learning disabilities
- Spanish taught to all elementary students
- Computer and science laboratories
- Expanding computer education for grades K-12
- Home Studies Program
- Fine Arts classes in band, chorus, music, drama and visual art (home school students may participate in Fine Arts)
- Physical Education and interscholastic athletic program
- Community service and mission projects
- Educational field trips
- Standardized Testing and Honors - The Terra Nova 3 Achievement Test is administered yearly to 1st-8th grade students. When appropriate, vocational testing is administered through the Guidance Office. The PSAT/NMSQT is administered in the fall to juniors and honors sophomores. The PLAN Test is offered to freshmen. Augusta Christian Schools students score consistently higher than the state and national averages on standardized tests. Seventh grade students participate in the Talent Identification Program (TIP) through Duke University. Each year students are recognized for ACT and SAT test scores on the state and grand level. In recent years, exceptional ACS students have participated in the Governor`s Honors Program and the US House of Representatives Page Program.
- Learning Support - The Learning Support Program is designed to assist students with a specific learning disability, cognitive or processing difficulties and/or those with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (any of the three types). Classes are available for students in grades 1-12 and class sizes range from 5 to 14 students per class, offering low teacher-student ratios and individualized instruction. Our teachers are skilled in their subject areas with additional training in teaching students with special needs. Experienced teaching assistants provide supplemental help to students allowing for more individualized attention. A variety of teaching techniques and learning strategies are utilized, offering students opportunities to build on their strengths, to improve areas of weakness, and to achieve success while enhancing self-confidence.
- "Building Kingdom Leaders" through spiritual development goes far beyond a few chapel services and Bible class. It is the essence of all we do, whether in the classroom, on the playing field, in the music room or on a field trip. The goal of every teacher, coach and staff member is to build Kingdom Leaders. Because all truth is God`s truth, we can teach every subject and do all instruction in a way that directs the student`s attention toward Him. This is what is meant by Biblical integration: integrating the truth of God into all aspects of life at Augusta Christian. We seek to Build Kingdom Leaders spiritually through the following:
- Conducting daily devotions with prayer in each class
- Daily Bible instruction included in the curriculum and Biblical truth integrated in all study areas
- Prayer, discipleship and mentoring groups
- Weekly chapel services
- Spiritual Emphasis Week for secondary students
- See You at the Pole and National Day of Prayer rallies
- Mission and community service projects
- Senior Mission Trip
- Christian based student leadership conferences
- Christian worldview perspective for Fine Arts and Athletics
- An array of Fine Arts courses and activities are offered to Augusta Christian School students. A commitment to excellence in the arts is evident in our beautiful facility, the Charles B. Whitney Fine Arts Center, as well as the consistent, outstanding performance of our students in both school and community. The school offers:
- Three levels of band
- Three levels of chorus
- Visual art classes and art school art classes
- Drama classes and Drama Club
- Private instruction in piano and guitar
- Augusta Christian offers a wide variety of middle school, junior varsity and varsity sports for healthy competition. Those sports include: cross country, football, soccer, softball, volleyball, basketball, swimming, cheerleading, baseball, track, tennis, wrestling and golf. Region and state championships have been won in men`s basketball, baseball, cross country, football, track, wrestling and tennis, and in women`s swimming, basketball, cross country, softball and track.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Augusta Grades: NS-12 | 570 students
285 Flowing Wells Rd
Augusta, GA 30907
(706)434-2381 2.6 NS-12
- Augusta Grades: PK-12 | 469 students
1326 Broad St
Augusta, GA 30901
(706)828-6624 6.5 PK-12
- Augusta Grades: PK-8 | 383 students
2248 Walton Way
Augusta, GA 30904
(706)733-1192 4.8 PK-8
- Augusta Grades: NS-12 | 539 students
3067 Wheeler Road
Augusta, GA 30909
(706)731-5260 3.1 NS-12
- Augusta Grades: PK-8 | 79 students
811 Telfair Street
Augusta, GA 30901
(706)722-9964 7.2 PK-8
August 16, 2018
If you have been teaching for a few years, chances are that you will need to consider rebranding yourself.
August 14, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.