Augusta Preparatory Day School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- Regarded as the top school academically in the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA) and located in the Augusta, GA metro area, Augusta Preparatory Day School is a college preparatory independent, non-sectarian school for students Age 3 - Grade 12.
- Augusta Preparatory Day School develops the intellect, talents, and character of each student in a diverse, college-preparatory, non-sectarian, and welcoming community of lifelong learners.
- Prep is committed to educating well-rounded, engaged students who embrace personal responsibility, global perspective, and service to others.
Augusta Preparatory Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||444 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Latin Poetry, Algebra II (H), Anatomy & Physiology (H), AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus (BC), AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP European History, AP French Language & Culture, AP Human Geopraphy, AP Language and Composition, AP Physics C: E&M, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, 2-D, AP Studio Art, 3-D, AP Studio Art, Drawing, AP U.S. History, AP World History, Biology (H), Chemistry (H), English (H), French IV (H), Geometry (H), Music Theory, Performance Theatre, Physics (H), Pre-Calculus (H), Robotics, Spanish II (H), Spanish III (H), Spanish IV (H), Technical Theatre|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,275|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Associate||Doreen Layug|
|Endowment Size||$6 million|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Musical Theater, SquadM - Math Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Music Conservatory
- Augusta Prep offers a superior college preparatory program, through small class sizes, a strong curriculum and a scholarly and engaged faculty. We strive to teach children how to think, not what to think.
- When academic challenge, support, and opportunity come together within a nurturing school community to contribute to stories of happy, successful, well-rounded students-that is the AP Story.
- We are pleased that as our area's only nonsectarian independent school Augusta Prep is a diverse community of academically talented students who have robust opportunities to pursue their co-curricular interests in the performing arts, athletics, leadership development or community service.
- Augusta Prep strives to create financial access for qualified students and families through its scholarship and financial assistance programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Augusta Grades: PK-12 | 652 students
313 Baston Road
Augusta, GA 30907
(706)863-2905 2.6 PK-12
- Augusta Grades: NS-12 | 469 students
1326 Broad St
Augusta, GA 30901
(706)828-6624 7.7 NS-12
- Augusta Grades: NS-8 | 357 students
2248 Walton Way
Augusta, GA 30904
(706)733-1192 5.6 NS-8
Augusta Prep is a wonderful place for our family. It really does not compare to other schools because it is a step above other schools in this area. It definitely is a prestigious institution. My son came here in middle school, and I have wished every day since that he had come through the lower school as well. He is currently a sophomore, and I am thrilled that the teachers, as well as coaches, genuinely care about the students and their well-being. It has been such a wonderful experience for him academically and socially. There is NO other place that I would rather him be at than Augusta Prep! I am so appreciative of the faculty there as well. They are concerned about the students and are willing to help them in any way possible. The academic rigor is challenging, and it is so nice to see the various classes offered no matter what your child is interested in. If you have not checked out Augusta Prep yet, I encourage you to make it a priority. You'll be so glad you did, no matter what age your child is!
- Posted by Parent - AProcks
We simply love Prep. Our experience continues to be one in which we are constantly impressed by the care for and investment in our children. Our oldest recently shared that, while she was excited for summer, she would miss the "8-hour play date..." she has every day at school. I wish every child could feel this way about school and experience the love of learning all 3 of our children have developed thanks to Prep!
- Posted by Parent - Prep-Proud
This is clearly the top school in the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA). The teachers both challenge and care for their students. While much is expected of students academically, they are well-rounded with meaningful opportunities for involvement in the arts, athletics, student leadership and more. Prep is worth the investment, though it also offers attractive financial aid for eligible families.
- Posted by Parent - Prep Parent
As a graduate and current parent of two APDS students, I am consistently reminded of all the wonderful reasons our family continues to choose Prep. If you are considering Prep for your family, please reach out to the admissions office and connect with current families. My children have blossomed as a result of the positive environment in the lower school. As a busy mom, I appreciate the easily accessible conservatory, science and sports extracurricular activities offered after daily instruction.
- Posted by Parent - Virginia B Wilson
My son has been going here since we moved to Augusta 3 years ago. He has attended pre-school for two years with both Ms. Morgan and Mrs. Freeman, and is now in pre-K with Mrs. Brown. All of the teachers we have met have been so caring, and my son just loves it here! He happily bounces from the car into the school each morning - I couldn't ask for a better result in school selection. I know my son is happy, and safe. The class sizes are just right, and they do lots of fun art activities, singing, and field trips through the year - and of course, lots of time for playing too! I look forward to my daughter turning 3, so she can join the pre-school here.
- Posted by Parent - Mother of 2
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.