Augusta Preparatory Day School
- Regarded as the top school academically in the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA) and located in the Augusta, GA metro area, Augusta Preparatory Day School is a college preparatory independent, non-sectarian school for students Age 3 - Grade 12.
- Augusta Preparatory Day School develops the intellect, talents, and character of each student in a diverse, college-preparatory, non-sectarian, and welcoming community of lifelong learners.
- Prep is committed to educating well-rounded, engaged students who embrace personal responsibility, global perspective, and service to others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||570 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Latin Poetry, Algebra II (H), Anatomy & Physiology (H), AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus (BC), AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP European History, AP French Language & Culture, AP Human Geopraphy, AP Language and Composition, AP Physics C: E&M, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, 2-D, AP Studio Art, 3-D, AP Studio Art, Drawing, AP U.S. History, AP World History, Biology (H), Chemistry (H), English (H), French IV (H), Geometry (H), Music Theory, Performance Theatre, Physics (H), Pre-Calculus (H), Robotics, Spanish II (H), Spanish III (H), Spanish IV (H), Technical Theatre|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,660|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Associate||Doreen Layug|
|Endowment Size||$6 million|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Musical Theater, SquadM - Math Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Music Conservatory
- Augusta Prep offers a superior college preparatory program, through small class sizes, a strong curriculum and a scholarly and engaged faculty. We strive to teach children how to think, not what to think.
- When academic challenge, support, and opportunity come together within a nurturing school community to contribute to stories of happy, successful, well-rounded students-that is the AP Story.
- We are pleased that as our area's only nonsectarian independent school Augusta Prep is a diverse community of academically talented students who have robust opportunities to pursue their co-curricular interests in the performing arts, athletics, leadership development or community service.
- Augusta Prep strives to create financial access for qualified students and families through its scholarship and financial assistance programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AugustaGrades: PK-12 | 559 students
313 Baston Road
Augusta, GA 30907
- AugustaGrades: PK-12 | 469 students
1326 Broad St
Augusta, GA 30901
- AugustaGrades: PK-8 | 123 students
811 Telfair Street
Augusta, GA 30901
- AugustaGrades: PK-8 | 383 students
2248 Walton Way
Augusta, GA 30904
- AugustaGrades: NS-12 | 539 students
3067 Wheeler Road
Augusta, GA 30909
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.