Academy of Innovation
Academy of Innovation (AOI) is an accredited 501(c)(3) private school with a personalized and positive approach to teaching children in grades 1 through 12.
As a full-time private school, we complement our community's educational system with innovative approaches and proven research-based teaching methods.
We individually address the needs of students facing learning barriers to unlock their hidden potential and let learning take flight.
From specific learning disabilities such as dyslexia and ADD/ADHD to students who struggle in a traditional classroom setting, Academy of Innovation strengthens our students learning skills so they can succeed in any learning environment.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 1-12
- Students: 38 students
- Yearly Tuition: $16,850
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 7 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Language-based or Mild Learning Differences
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition does not include the $400 books and activity fee, $75.00 Technology Fee, or Online Course costs ($550 for the first course, $350 for each additional course).
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- We believe our students are exceptional and that each one possesses natural gifts and talents that can be nurtured while supporting any learning differences. After accepting a student to the Academy, we use diagnostic testing to evaluate the individual's strengths and weaknesses so we can develop a curriculum customized to his or her needs.
- Our low student-to-teacher ratios allow our teachers the flexibility to support each student's individual learning style in these plans. Some of the programs we use in our school include Wilson Reading, Lindamood-Bell (VV program), Project READ, LANGUAGE, Math-u-see, Saxon Math, Mathability, and Connections by EPS.
- Through our educational programs, we aim to build our student's confidence and self-esteem while strengthening their learning skills so they can achieve personal success wherever they go.
- Our middle and high school programs offer fully accredited national curricula. State regulations require a minimum of 4.5 hours of daily instruction in reading, language arts, math, social studies, and science; however, at the Academy, we exceed the standard by offering instruction daily from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm in all major subject areas.
- We balance our individualized learning environment with a combination of traditional classroom instruction and more than 140 online courses administered with a staff facilitator for personal support. We offer extracurricular courses such as keyboarding and Taekwondo.
Profile last updated: 07/23/2021
This school has been absolutely amazing for our child. Dyslexia, anxiety, PTSD, processing issues, and 4 years behind in reading and math was what our child and teachers were up against. In less than three years our child has become more independent, more focused, less stressed. Our child feels safe, valued, respected, respectful, and much happier than before. The patience, kindness, and support from every staff member have changed all our lives from previous education experiences better than we imagined. Our child is catching up and progressing faster than we thought possible! Thank you, AOI for all you do!
AOI has been our family's saving grace. My son was struggling in public school because of his dyslexia and he was not getting the support he needed then we came to AOI and his life changed. He is so much more confident and he actually enjoys going to school now. The teachers and staff at the school are amazing and it is small enough that it has a family feel to it that cannot be beat!
Endorse Academy of Innovation. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Ways To Protect Your Child From Bullying
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
Questions! Questions! Questions!
If you are beginning to think about sending your child to private school, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some answers to your more common questions.
May 25, 2022Marketing Your School: Welcoming New Students
Why is welcoming students so important? Because it makes new students and their families feel that they are part of the school community from Day 1. More about this valuable marketing tool here.