Academy of Innovation
5.00 (1 review)
- Academy of Innovation (AOI) is an accredited 501(c)(3) private school with a personalized and positive approach to teaching children in grades 1 through 12.
- As a full-time private school, we complement our communitys educational system with innovative approaches and proven research-based teaching methods.
- We individually address the needs of students facing learning barriers to unlock their hidden potential and let learning take flight.
- From specific learning disabilities such as dyslexia and ADD/ADHD to students who struggle in a traditional classroom setting, Academy of Innovation strengthens our students learning skills so they can succeed in any learning environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,850|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition does not include the $400 books and activity fee or Online Course costs ($550 for first course, $350 for each additional course).|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ava White|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Martial Arts, SwimmingMartial Arts, Swimming,|
- We believe our students are exceptional and that each one possesses natural gifts and talents that can be nurtured while supporting any learning differences.After accepting a student to the Academy, we use diagnostic testing to evaluate the individuals strengths and weakness so we can develop a curriculum customized to his or her needs.
- Our low student-to-teacher ratios allow our teachers the flexibility to support each students individual learning style in these plans. Some of the programs we use in our school include: Wilson Reading, Lindamood-Bell (VV program), Project READ, LANGUAGE, Math-u-see, Saxon Math, Mathability, and Connections by EPS.
- Through our educational programs, we aim to build our students confidence and self-esteem while strengthening their learning skills so they can achieve personal success wherever they go.
- Our middle and high school programs offer fully-accredited national curricula. State regulations require a minimum of 4.5 hours of daily instruction in reading, language arts, math, social studies, and science; however, at the Academy, we exceed the standard by offering instruction daily from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm in all major subject areas.
- We balance our individualized learning environment with a combination of traditional classroom instruction and more than 140 online courses administered with a staff facilitator for personal support. We offer extracurricular courses such as keyboarding and taekwondo, as well as a variety of AP and college prep courses. Our program flexibility allows children to enroll as full-time or part-time students.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gainesville Grades: 7-12
2001 Riverside Drive
Gainesville, GA 30501
(800)462-2338 0.9 7-12
- Gainesville Grades: NS-12 | 559 students
796 Lakeview Dr
Gainesville, GA 30501
(770)532-4383 1.5 NS-12
- Oakwood Grades: PK-12 | 80 students
5135 Mcever Road
Oakwood, GA 30566
(770)536-6334 7.2 PK-12
- Gainesville Grades: K-12 | 35 students
5086 Poplar Springs Rd
Gainesville, GA 30507
(770)297-0220 7.8 K-12
- Flowery Branch Grades: K-6 | 90 students
4903 Chestnut Mountain Cir
Flowery Branch, GA 30542
(770)967-7105 10.2 K-6
AOI has been our family's saving grace. My son was struggling in public school because of his dyslexia and he was not getting the support he needed then we came to AOI and his life changed. He is so much more confident and he actually enjoys going to school now. The teachers and staff at the school are amazing and it is small enough that it has a family feel to it that cannot be beat!
- Posted by Parent - Melissa
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.