Riverside Preparatory Academy
- Top Ranked GA School
- Grades: 6-12
- Yearly Tuition: $48,900
- Acceptance rate: 85%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Airsoft Team, Aviation Program, Civil Air Patrol, Color Guard, Drill Team, Honor Council, Horton Society (service club), JROTC, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Peer Tutoring Volunteers, Science National Honor Society, Weight training, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Video Production
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Established in 1907, Riverside Preparatory Academy is a college preparatory boarding and day school for young men in grades 6-12. The Academy offers a positive, challenging, and structured environment that stresses hard work in the classroom and on the athletic field. We promote leadership development through military activities. Riverside Prep is an Army JROTC Honor Unit with Distinction. A student/teacher ratio of 12:1 provides each cadet with the individual attention that enables success. Riverside also offers a four-week summer school program. The school's 206-acre campus is in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains just north of Atlanta in Gainesville, Ga.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- John Bassett - Bassett Furniture
- Ira Middleberg (1966) - Attorney, Middleberg, Riddle & Gianna - New Orleans
- Luis Proenza (1962) - President, University of Akron
- Governor Felix Gonzales Canto - State of Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Tommy Prothro (1938) - former coach with the LA Rams and San Diego Chargers
- ADM. David McDonald (1924) - former U.S. Chief of Naval Operations (1963-1967)
- Judge E.J. Salcines - Retired Judge, Florida Appellate Court
- Mike Neveaux - Retired Chief Pilot, Los Angeles Police Dept. Air Support Division
- Cee Lo Green - Singer and Actor
- Peter Lyons - Retired Lawyer, California; Author
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Riverside Preparatory Academy cost?
Riverside Preparatory Academy's tuition is approximately $48,900 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Riverside Preparatory Academy?
The acceptance rate of Riverside Preparatory Academy is 85%, which is higher than the national average of 82%.
Who are famous alumni from Riverside Preparatory Academy?
Riverside Preparatory Academy famous alumni include: John Bassett, Ira Middleberg (1966), Luis Proenza (1962), Governor Felix Gonzales Canto, Tommy Prothro (1938), ADM. David McDonald (1924), Judge E.J. Salcines, Mike Neveaux, Cee Lo Green and Peter Lyons.
What sports does Riverside Preparatory Academy offer?
Riverside Preparatory Academy offers 12 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Drill Team, Football, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field and Wrestling. Riverside Preparatory Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for most sports offered.
What is Riverside Preparatory Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Riverside Preparatory Academy?
The application deadline for Riverside Preparatory Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Riverside Preparatory Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards