George Walton Academy
George Walton Academy Photo #2 - We`re constantly evaluating our methods, technology and programs in order to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing environment. Our objective is not to prepare students to face the world of today, but to thrive in the unknowns of the future. Flexibility, adaptability and self-evaluation are key in this endeavor.
George Walton Academy Photo #3 - Whether on the stage, in the studio, or during the halftime show, George Walton Academy values, cultivates and encourages each student`s unique creative abilities and interests.
George Walton Academy Photo #4 - A challenging academic program lies at the heart of what we do. We challenge you to find a school in the surrounding area that can match our students` academic outcomes, level of college preparedness, and the confidence and poise that comes with intensive scholastic study in a variety of content areas.
George Walton Academy Photo #5 - The new dance program at GWA is in full swing! Dancers are exploring the elements of ballet, jazz, musical theatre, contemporary and hip-hop techniques as well as learning choreography.
George Walton Academy Photo #6 - GWA is a member of the Georgia High School Association and offers a wide array of opportunities for students to participate in youth, middle and high school sports programs.
George Walton Academy Photo #7 - The athletics program is a key component of the school`s mission. With an emphasis on fostering positive relationships and mutual respect, encouraging personal responsibility and self-discipline, and cultivating good sportsmanship, our athletic teams provide much more than a physical outlet for students.
George Walton Academy Photo #8 - GWA's theatrical productions showcase the talent, creativity and imagination of students of all ages. The program provides opportunities to explore a full-range of theater arts - character development, acting, set design, theatrical makeup, stagecraft, and more. Through participation in theater arts, students develop communication skills, discover the value of collaboration, and grow in confidence.
- George Walton Academy was founded on Judeo-Christian values, while respecting the heritage and beliefs of others.
- GWA fosters a welcoming and inclusive community where students feel safe to discover and explore their interests and talents.
- Each student is respected as an individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual gifts and abilities.
- GWA teachers believe education should be relevant, engaging, and designed to equip each student to excel in college and beyond.
- Curriculum and programs foster critical thinking and problem-solving skills, imagination, and creativity.
- The school promotes positive relationships and believes mutual respect is a responsibility of every individual.
- GWA also believes students should be accountable, learn to self-advocate, and take personal responsibility for their work, actions, and educational development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||772 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||99 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art, Calculus (AB), Calculus (BC), Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, English - Language, English - Literature, European History, Music Theory, Statistics, U.S. Government and Politics, U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 $4,640 (includes snacks) K5 - 5th Grades- $10,650 6th- 8th Grades - $12,650 9th - 12th Grades - $13,350|
|Admissions Director||Cari Bailey|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Drill Team, Equestrian, Fencing, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Drill Team,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
4-H Club, Anchor Club, Beta Club, Chess Club, Debate Team, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Gavel Club, History Bowl, Interact Club, Key Club, Latin Club, Literary Team, Majorettes, National Honor Society, Science Bowl Team, Student Council
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Equestrian Team, Youth Football and Cheerleading
George Walton Academy provides challenging instruction, engaging experiences, and global perspectives designed to inspire lives of intellectual curiosity, integrity, and purpose.
- We belive in Judeo-Christian values while respecting the heritage and beliefs of others.
- We believe all students have the right to receive an education in a safe, supportive and nurturing environment.
- We believe that each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual abilities.
- We believe in fostering students' critical thinking skills, academic talents and creativity.
- We believe that promoting positive relationships and mutual respect is a responsibility of all students, staff and parents.
- We believe that students should learn the valiue of taking persnal responsibility for their work, actions and educational development.
- We believe students should demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills.
- We believe that instruction should reflect innovative teaching methods and technology.
- We believe learning is a lifelong process.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: 9-12 | 134 students
1585 Clifton Rd Ne
Atlanta, GA 30329
(404)633-7404 35.6 9-12
- Atlanta Grades: 6-12 | 149 students
1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
(770)394-8177 36.4 6-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.