The Paul Anderson Youth Home (PAYH) is a residential home providing Christian rehabilitation for troubled young men seeking an alternative to incarceration.
In 1977, the Paul Anderson Youth Home (PAYH) established its on-campus school: Paul Anderson High School.
The PAYH has recently become fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
We offer a wide range of classes and individualized tutoring to provide each student with academic options for their future.
With a curriculum that is tailored to each student, we seek to meet them where they are and challenge them for the future.
- Top Ranked GA School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 11 students
- Average class size: 5 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 27%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Continuing the mission set by Paul Anderson and his wife Glenda in 1961, the PAYH seeks to teach our young men that they are created by God and have a special purpose in life. We believe that young men with self-confidence and Christian character will become givers rather than takers, assets rather than liabilities. The PAYH also provides help for parents of troubled teenagers, through resources, counseling, and referrals.
- Our unique program is designed to develop each young man spiritually, mentally, physically, emotionally, and socially.
- The daily curriculum combines Biblical teaching and academic training in our accredited high school, while incorporating physical fitness, emotional development, and social awareness while instilling a strong work ethic.
- Our staff provides over 245 combined years of experience ministering and counseling young men and their families.
- The PAYH specializes in character building, which is evident in our over 90% success rate. The low recidivism rate of PAYH alumni is attributed to our unique program as well as continued support from the PAYH after graduation.
- The PAYH is a Christian charity. To ensure the PAYH's Christian foundation is not jeopardized, neither local, state, nor federal funds are accepted. We depend on the support of individuals, corporations, organizations, churches, and foundations who partner with the PAYH to provide a second chance for the young men and their families which are entrusted to this ministry.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Paul Anderson High School often compared to?
Paul Anderson High Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Vidalia Heritage Academy by visitors of our site.
What is Paul Anderson High School's ranking?
Paul Anderson High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for: Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Paul Anderson High School?
The application deadline for Paul Anderson High School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Paul Anderson High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.