Old Suwanee Christian School
- Old Suwanee Christian School, a ministry of Old Suwanee Baptist Church, Buford, GA, has been providing K4 - 12th students with a Godly education since 1984.
- We are a member of the Georgia Association of Christian Schools, and we are acceditated by the Georgia Private School Accreditation Council.
- We strive for excellence in our academic, athletic, and fine arts programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level. Additional financial information available on our website. Tuition discounts offered for families with multiple children. Families may apply for tuition assistance if needed.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ben Reid|
|Admissions Associate||Angela Dyer|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chess Club, Choir, Drama Club, GACS Fine Arts Competition, Mechanics Club, Nursing Home Ministry, Science Club, Speech/Drama, Student Council, Yearbook Staff, Young Patriots of America Art Club, Chess Club, Choir, Drama Club, Mechanics Club, Science Club, Speech/Drama, Yearbook Staff, GACS Fine Arts Competition,
Nursing Home Ministry,
Young Patriots of America,
- A Godly Education - Our purpose for Old Suwanee Christian School is to provide a place in our community where boys and girls can get an education based on the principles of Gods Word. This is the only foundation that will insure success in their lives.
- Spiritual Growth - The primary purpose of this ministry is to build young lives on the principles of the Word of God. The teaching materials that we use provide instruction that is from a Godly viewpoint. All of the school activities are designed to promote spiritual growth. We provide our students with values and principles that give them wisdom to live successful lives for the Lord. OSCS students are given directions in their lives that are consistent and definite, based on the absolute truth of the Bible.
- Faculty and Staff - You will enjoy working with a staff of fine Christian who love children and who strive for excellence in their classrooms.
- Academic Progress - OSCS only uses textbooks and curriculum that support an excellent academic education. Every student is evaluated using the Stanford Achievement Test. We encourage students to plan for college after their graduation. Students who do their best in our program are well prepared for the future.
- Social Development - A Christ-like attitude toward others is the theme of our school. Students are taught to love others and do what they can to be a blessing and help to their classmates. The precepts for proper relationships must be instilled early in every childs heart for them to feel valuable to God and others. God has a special purpose for everyone, and every child is taught that he is important to God.
- Physical Growth - Our teachers direct activities that help each student develop physically and emotionally. Our gym, playground, and athletic field provide each student with plenty of room to get their needed physical exercise.
- Facilities - The Lord has abundantly blessed us with beautiful buildings and equipment to provide the proper environment for our students. We maintain a comfortable and pleasing environment so that our children are able to study without distraction. From the landscaping to the computers in the classroom, everything is planned to promote our attitude of professionalism.
- Atmosphere - Students enjoy a well-controlled, Christian atmosphere of learning and growth. All staff and students follow a conservative policy of appearance and dress for all activities. Attitudes and actions that support stability and confidence are nurtured at OSCS.
Profile last updated: 01/18/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DaculaGrades: K-12 | 945 students
Po Box 1028
Dacula, GA 30019
SuwaneeGrades: NS-12 | 400 students
3160 Old Atlanta Road
Suwanee, GA 30024
LawrencevilleGrades: PK-12 | 68 students
263 Jackson Street
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Sugar HillGrades: NS-10 | 568 students
4600 Nelson Brogdon Blvd
Sugar Hill, GA 30518
SuwaneeGrades: PK-K | 185 students
2172 Lawrenceville Suwanee Rd
Suwanee, GA 30024
My kids attended OSCS for 5 years. The teacher and staff were fantastic very kind and professional, always putting GOD in firs place. Great environment and the curriculum is very challenging we really love this school and all the teachers and staff.
- Posted by Parent - Deisy Guerrero
Old Suwanee Christian School is the best school our kids have attended. The school has helped prepare our kids to be very conscious of the view of God in all they do. The curriculum is very challenging. The teachers are excellent and among the most committed we have seen in any school. I am an educator and I applaud the balance of Christian standards and academic rigor. Old Suwanee was highly recommended by several people and our experience has been even better than what we heard. We''ve been to a couple of schools. Old Suwanee excels in honoring racial diversity. Our kids can't wait to go to school each day. They love to go to school and they love their teachers. The commitment of their teachers and school administration has inspired selflessness in them. Our kids are ahead of their peers in public schools and other private schools. Enrolling our kids at Old Suwanee is one of the best decisions we have made as a family and we are grateful to God.
- Posted by Parent - mikaf
Our child attended Old Suwanee Christian School for nine years. The faculty and staff were partners to assist us in her education. They complemented and supplemented our desire to provide her a Godly education. She graduated in May of 2012. We are very grateful for the whole-child education she received. The faculty did not only teach a solid academic program (she scored 1770 on the SAT), but also addressed the character issues that will help guide her throughout her lifetime. Her spirit and soul were nurtured and challenged to honor the Lord. As she starts college, we are fully persuaded she is very well equipped to accomplish any task ahead of her.
- Posted by Parent - jpere