Montessori Academy at Sharon Springs
5.00 (9 reviews)
- We offer the highest quality individualized Montessori education experience, focused on fostering independence combined with a sense of community and global awareness to students ages 13 months to 15 years.
Montessori Academy at Sharon Springs places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Individual Learning Style|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||School day & Extended day programs available|
|Admissions Director||Meredith Schoenhofer|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
chess, Coding, Elementary Engineering
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Early Simple Machines 2, Opus One Music, Piano, Tap/Ballet, Violin
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Martial Arts, Wee-Gym, Wee-Tumble
- A Montessori education produces independent, confident children who are self-sufficient,emotionally balanced, globally aware, environmentally conscious, and respectful of one`s self and others. Our curriculum offers children a carefully prepared environment, rich in learning materials and experiences. Students are grouped in mixed-age classrooms, which allow them to interact with each other on a variety of levels.Teachers are referred to as "guides" and are facilitators in the learning process. Through careful observation and guidance, children are directed toward meaningful activity, which helps them discover and develop their own interests and abilities.
- Each of our Montessori-trained guides have studied both Montessori philosophy and curriculum, and all Lead Pre-Primary, Primary, Elementary and Middle School guides are MACTE (Montessori Accreditation for Teacher Education) certified. Our guides provide a child-centered focus in the classroom,utilizing teachable moments to "follow the child" with individualized learning for each child`s own pace.
- Community building a critical component of a Montessori curriculum. Our students and their families are the very fabric of our school and we cherish this partnership. Family members are invited to participate in the classrooms in a variety of ways: reading, cooking, classroom projects and/or participation in field trips.
- Parent-Teacher conferences are scheduled twice a year to discuss children`s progress. Individual meetings can be scheduled at the request of the family or the teacher.Parent education opportunities are offered throughout the year.
- With the support of our Parent Student Organization, we host special events each school year that are open to our families and the community at large. An important benefit of being part of our community is families understanding and supporting the underlying values part of a Montessori curriculum that children are acquiring at school. Education Nights, which are scheduled throughout the academic year, discuss topics ranging from the Montessori principles, areas of the classroom and their purposes, discipline approaches and age-appropriate socialization.
- Our admissions process is rolling throughout the year based on availability for new students. The first step is to tour our campus. A tour provides the opportunity to observe classrooms, meet facility and have questions answered about our program. Tours are scheduled by appointment through the Admission Office http://www.montessoriacademysharonsprings.com/request-info/ or call 770-205-6277.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Great School! Great staff! Deserves more than 5 stars!
- Posted by Parent - MRae
MASS provides an inclusive, balanced, peaceful environment for our children to learn in. The connection between the teachers and the parents is one that creates a strong bond in the here and now and for the future.I feel the school does a good job at communicating with parents both at the classroom level and with the school community at large. The school creates a good number of events throughout the year for families to be able to have social encounters with one another. Everyone on staff is very welcoming to its current families and new families.The life lessons and learning style that comes from Montessori are carried with my children through their lives. In addition to the lessons that we instill in our children ourselves, Montessori supports the same philosophies we have in our family.
- Posted by Parent - Munichfam
This is my first year here at Montessori Academy at Sharon Springs. I am in tenth grade. This school is such a good school. What I like the most about the school are the teaches because they go at your pace when it comes to your work, and they are always there when you need help and have question. I also like how I get P.E everyday except Friday because I am very athletic and I getting thirty minutes to run around during the day.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Kendra Freedman
Montessori is a great place for your kids to go to school. The curriculum is great, the teachers will make sure you understand what you are doing before you start your work and if you don't understand they will have 1 on 1 lessons with you until you understand. The teachers are all nice and caring. The school provides so many materials to teach your kids. The classes in the upper elementary every day of the week except Monday will sell lunches to all of the classrooms so it gives a break on the parents about providing lunches for their kids everyday.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Tristan
I love this school. The atmosphere is so homey and comfortable, yet it still has a school environment. Also I like how we have an optional lunch everyday of the week except Mondays served buy the upper elementary classes. The thing I love the most is how friendly and nice the staff and teachers are, they really make you feel welcome.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Lauren
I'm 14 years old and I have been to five schools in my life. This school is better than all of them combine. The teachers and staff are very caring and love to teach. Everyone here are friends, and the school will push you to learn everything you possibly can. I will recommend this school to anyone who asks me, and I highly recommend it to you.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jackson Coppinger
I have only been at this school for about a month and a half and already I fell apart of this community. The curriculum here is adapted to help every student function and achieve the best level of work they can. I am really enjoying my time at this school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ruhullah George
I am a parent of a 7th grader. We have attended this school for five years. Their approach to teaching is unbelievable., not only do kids learn, they get to experience what they learn through field trips and land School. My son loves going to school which is rare for any middle schooler these days. I'm so thankful that they decided to invest in a high school..... We will be here for many years to come.
- Posted by Parent - Karen
MASS is a great school. The teachers and staff are caring and loving. Everyday my child and me are greeted with with warm smiles and feel very welcomed. My child comes home happy and wanting to show me what he learned that day. He is doing so well and we are so happy we found MASS.
- Posted by Parent - Mila
Nearby Homes for Sale
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.