Montessori Academy At Sharon Springs
Montessori Academy At Sharon Springs ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
chess, Coding, Elementary Engineering
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Early Simple Machines 2, Opus One Music, Piano, Tap/Ballet, Violin
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Martial Arts, Wee-Gym, Wee-Tumble
- A Montessori education produces independent, confident children who are self-sufficient,emotionally balanced, globally aware, environmentally conscious, and respectful of one`s self and others. Our curriculum offers children a carefully prepared environment, rich in learning materials and experiences. Students are grouped in mixed-age classrooms, which allow them to interact with each other on a variety of levels.Teachers are referred to as "guides" and are facilitators in the learning process. Through careful observation and guidance, children are directed toward meaningful activity, which helps them discover and develop their own interests and abilities.
- Each of our Montessori-trained guides have studied both Montessori philosophy and curriculum, and all Lead Pre-Primary, Primary, Elementary and Middle School guides are MACTE (Montessori Accreditation for Teacher Education) certified. Our guides provide a child-centered focus in the classroom,utilizing teachable moments to "follow the child" with individualized learning for each child`s own pace.
- Community building a critical component of a Montessori curriculum. Our students and their families are the very fabric of our school and we cherish this partnership. Family members are invited to participate in the classrooms in a variety of ways: reading, cooking, classroom projects and/or participation in field trips.
- Parent-Teacher conferences are scheduled twice a year to discuss children`s progress. Individual meetings can be scheduled at the request of the family or the teacher.Parent education opportunities are offered throughout the year.
- With the support of our Parent Student Organization, we host special events each school year that are open to our families and the community at large. An important benefit of being part of our community is families understanding and supporting the underlying values part of a Montessori curriculum that children are acquiring at school. Education Nights, which are scheduled throughout the academic year, discuss topics ranging from the Montessori principles, areas of the classroom and their purposes, discipline approaches and age-appropriate socialization.
- Our admissions process is rolling throughout the year based on availability for new students. The first step is to tour our campus. A tour provides the opportunity to observe classrooms, meet facility and have questions answered about our program. Tours are scheduled by appointment through the Admission Office http://www.montessoriacademysharonsprings.com/request-info/ or call 770-205-6277.
Endorse Montessori Academy At Sharon Springs. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards